Oct 13, 2010, 10:50 AM EST
Penguins forward Jordan Staal remains out of the lineup recovering from multiple off-season surgeries on his right foot. There is good news today, however, for Pens fans. Jordan Staal took to the ice for the first time this morning in Pittsburgh as Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
For the on-ice session at Consol he worked with team strength and conditioning coach Mike Kadar. Staal was not in full equipment, though he did not favor the injured foot while maneuvering through cones and shooting on an empty net.
Staal is still some time away from being able to rejoin the Penguins lineup, but for a team dealing with some injury problems on the blue line to both Brooks Orpik and Zbynek Michalek and ineffective play from some of their forwards, getting good news on Staal is huge for the Penguins. For now though, just having Staal back on the ice at all will have to suffice as good news.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)