Oct 11, 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Because of a quirky schedule, three of the seven games today already began/happened. If you want to know who’s going to play in the net for the remaining for games, though, we’ve got you covered.
7:00 PM ET games
Colorado at Philadelphia
Likely Colorado starter: Craig Anderson – Again, unless he falls apart this season or runs into a murderer’s row of ice girls, Anderson should get a ton of starts for the Colorado Avalanche. (Source: Denver Post.)
Likely Philadelphia starter: Sergei Bobrovsky – Let the “Bob” puns continue, as Bobrovsky makes his return to the Flyers net. My submission for an obnoxious fan sign: “You’ve been Brobbed!” (Source: Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly.)
Chicago at Buffalo
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford – Marty Turco hasn’t exactly set the world on fire in his first games as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks, so it probably shouldn’t be too big of a surprise that the team is sitting him in time out. Everything I’ve read/heard about Crawford hasn’t exactly been positive, but he might be an interesting dark horse candidate in fantasy hockey if he ends up stealing a chunk of Turco’s starts. (Source: Tim Sassone.)
Likely Buffalo starter: Ryan Miller – At this point we’ll only place snark here if he’s not starting.
Ottawa at Washington
Likely Ottawa starter: Pascal Leclaire – I’m a little surprised that the steady-but-unspectacular Brian Elliott hasn’t gotten a shake yet with Leclaire going 0-2. Obviously, the Senators are giving the funny looking Leclaire a real chance to lay claim to the starting job. The Washington Capitals’ high octane offense probably won’t make him look very pretty, though. (Source: Ottawa Senators Twitter page.)
Likely Washington starter: Michal Neuvirth – Neuvirth is essentially a teenager on a Saturday night at the end of week where his parents are out of town. This is his last change to make an impression/throw an epic keg party before Semyon Varlamov returns/his figurative parents get back, so he needs to play well tonight. (Source: Corey Masisak.)
10:00 PM ET game
Florida at Vancouver
Likely Florida starter: Tomas Vokoun – He didn’t have a great beginning of the season as he got pulled from the game against Edmonton, but it sounds like the solid Czech goalie will get a chance to shake off the cobwebs. (Source: The Vancouver Province.)
Likely Vancouver starter: Roberto Luongo – Again, expect Bobby Lou almost every night.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)