Oct 11, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Love him or hate him, Dallas Stars forward Mike Ribeiro always manages to get your attention. Either he’s pulling off highlight reel goals in the shootout or mid-game or making opposing fans scream their heads off at him for taking an apparent dive to draw a call. This time around, Ribeiro is getting noticed in the absolute worst way after being arrested for public intoxication in Texas.
Plano Police Department’s Rick McDonald explained that Ribeiro was dining at Rasushi, located in the 7500 block of Lone Star Drive, with 39-year-old Darcy Lewis and 39-year-old Tammy Williams, who is Ribeiro’s wife. The two women got into an altercation with other patrons at the restaurant and an off-duty officer who was working there intervened.
Ribeiro’s party, which also included 36-year-old Wane Lewis, was escorted outside. All four were taken into custody for public intoxication. Wane Lewis was also charged with assault after, police said, he lunged at an officer during the arrest.
All four of those involved bonded out of jail at 4:45 a.m. Monday morning.
Now if I’m to read between the lines here, this sounds like a drunken party that just got a wee bit out of hand. Who hasn’t been there before? I mean come on now… Why am I the only one raising my hand? Ahem, never mind then.
Ribeiro’s off-season was littered with trade rumors and speculation about a potential departure from Dallas. I think we can put that all aside for the time being, especially since the Stars kind of need Ribeiro to generate offense for them. All in all this isn’t exactly overly egregious for Ribeiro, after all he wasn’t the guy that lunged after a police officer. Ribeiro should, however, know better than to be mixing things up in public like this. Then again, he should know better than to dive all over the ice during a game too.
(Photo: Plano Police Department)
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)