Oct 11, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
Love him or hate him, Dallas Stars forward Mike Ribeiro always manages to get your attention. Either he’s pulling off highlight reel goals in the shootout or mid-game or making opposing fans scream their heads off at him for taking an apparent dive to draw a call. This time around, Ribeiro is getting noticed in the absolute worst way after being arrested for public intoxication in Texas.
Plano Police Department’s Rick McDonald explained that Ribeiro was dining at Rasushi, located in the 7500 block of Lone Star Drive, with 39-year-old Darcy Lewis and 39-year-old Tammy Williams, who is Ribeiro’s wife. The two women got into an altercation with other patrons at the restaurant and an off-duty officer who was working there intervened.
Ribeiro’s party, which also included 36-year-old Wane Lewis, was escorted outside. All four were taken into custody for public intoxication. Wane Lewis was also charged with assault after, police said, he lunged at an officer during the arrest.
All four of those involved bonded out of jail at 4:45 a.m. Monday morning.
Now if I’m to read between the lines here, this sounds like a drunken party that just got a wee bit out of hand. Who hasn’t been there before? I mean come on now… Why am I the only one raising my hand? Ahem, never mind then.
Ribeiro’s off-season was littered with trade rumors and speculation about a potential departure from Dallas. I think we can put that all aside for the time being, especially since the Stars kind of need Ribeiro to generate offense for them. All in all this isn’t exactly overly egregious for Ribeiro, after all he wasn’t the guy that lunged after a police officer. Ribeiro should, however, know better than to be mixing things up in public like this. Then again, he should know better than to dive all over the ice during a game too.
(Photo: Plano Police Department)
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)