Oct 11, 2010, 2:39 PM EST
We’ve given you reports recently about the possible signings of Andreas Lilja in Anaheim and Brian McGrattan in Boston and if you’ve been waiting with bated breath to know if either of these guys will land with those teams, today is your big day.
The Anaheim Ducks confirmed that they have signed defenseman Andreas Lilja to a one-year deal worth $600,000. Lilja helps give the Ducks a defensive presence along the blue line and considering how badly they need that, the Sharks not signing Lilja turns into a God-send. With defenseman Andy Sutton out for an undetermined amount of time with a broken thumb, Lilja’s presence will help them out. The other upside here for Lilja is that he doesn’t have to leave the country. Lilja will be delayed in starting with Anaheim until his work visa issues are straightened out.
The Bruins confirmed today that enforcer Brian McGrattan has signed with them for one year. McGrattan gives the Bruins an extra set of fists for dealing with the likes of Toronto and Philadelphia. If you’re banking on McGrattan to do more than that, you might be waiting for a long time. At best he’s a checking winger, and at worst he’ll be losing his fights.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 1
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 64
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (114)