Oct 11, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
We’ve given you reports recently about the possible signings of Andreas Lilja in Anaheim and Brian McGrattan in Boston and if you’ve been waiting with bated breath to know if either of these guys will land with those teams, today is your big day.
The Anaheim Ducks confirmed that they have signed defenseman Andreas Lilja to a one-year deal worth $600,000. Lilja helps give the Ducks a defensive presence along the blue line and considering how badly they need that, the Sharks not signing Lilja turns into a God-send. With defenseman Andy Sutton out for an undetermined amount of time with a broken thumb, Lilja’s presence will help them out. The other upside here for Lilja is that he doesn’t have to leave the country. Lilja will be delayed in starting with Anaheim until his work visa issues are straightened out.
The Bruins confirmed today that enforcer Brian McGrattan has signed with them for one year. McGrattan gives the Bruins an extra set of fists for dealing with the likes of Toronto and Philadelphia. If you’re banking on McGrattan to do more than that, you might be waiting for a long time. At best he’s a checking winger, and at worst he’ll be losing his fights.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34