Oct 11, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
We’ve given you reports recently about the possible signings of Andreas Lilja in Anaheim and Brian McGrattan in Boston and if you’ve been waiting with bated breath to know if either of these guys will land with those teams, today is your big day.
The Anaheim Ducks confirmed that they have signed defenseman Andreas Lilja to a one-year deal worth $600,000. Lilja helps give the Ducks a defensive presence along the blue line and considering how badly they need that, the Sharks not signing Lilja turns into a God-send. With defenseman Andy Sutton out for an undetermined amount of time with a broken thumb, Lilja’s presence will help them out. The other upside here for Lilja is that he doesn’t have to leave the country. Lilja will be delayed in starting with Anaheim until his work visa issues are straightened out.
The Bruins confirmed today that enforcer Brian McGrattan has signed with them for one year. McGrattan gives the Bruins an extra set of fists for dealing with the likes of Toronto and Philadelphia. If you’re banking on McGrattan to do more than that, you might be waiting for a long time. At best he’s a checking winger, and at worst he’ll be losing his fights.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)