Oct 11, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
We’ve given you reports recently about the possible signings of Andreas Lilja in Anaheim and Brian McGrattan in Boston and if you’ve been waiting with bated breath to know if either of these guys will land with those teams, today is your big day.
The Anaheim Ducks confirmed that they have signed defenseman Andreas Lilja to a one-year deal worth $600,000. Lilja helps give the Ducks a defensive presence along the blue line and considering how badly they need that, the Sharks not signing Lilja turns into a God-send. With defenseman Andy Sutton out for an undetermined amount of time with a broken thumb, Lilja’s presence will help them out. The other upside here for Lilja is that he doesn’t have to leave the country. Lilja will be delayed in starting with Anaheim until his work visa issues are straightened out.
The Bruins confirmed today that enforcer Brian McGrattan has signed with them for one year. McGrattan gives the Bruins an extra set of fists for dealing with the likes of Toronto and Philadelphia. If you’re banking on McGrattan to do more than that, you might be waiting for a long time. At best he’s a checking winger, and at worst he’ll be losing his fights.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)