Oct 11, 2010, 2:39 PM EST
We’ve given you reports recently about the possible signings of Andreas Lilja in Anaheim and Brian McGrattan in Boston and if you’ve been waiting with bated breath to know if either of these guys will land with those teams, today is your big day.
The Anaheim Ducks confirmed that they have signed defenseman Andreas Lilja to a one-year deal worth $600,000. Lilja helps give the Ducks a defensive presence along the blue line and considering how badly they need that, the Sharks not signing Lilja turns into a God-send. With defenseman Andy Sutton out for an undetermined amount of time with a broken thumb, Lilja’s presence will help them out. The other upside here for Lilja is that he doesn’t have to leave the country. Lilja will be delayed in starting with Anaheim until his work visa issues are straightened out.
The Bruins confirmed today that enforcer Brian McGrattan has signed with them for one year. McGrattan gives the Bruins an extra set of fists for dealing with the likes of Toronto and Philadelphia. If you’re banking on McGrattan to do more than that, you might be waiting for a long time. At best he’s a checking winger, and at worst he’ll be losing his fights.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8