Oct 11, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
As a player, Luc Robitaille was a big part of the Los Angeles Kings’ greatest moments, especially in the ’90s.
While “Lucky Luc” won’t score another goal for the franchise, the Kings still find him to be a valuable asset. It’s just that now he’s a member of the team’s front office rather than a high-scoring left wing.
Congratulations to Robitaille, a great guy who exceeded even his own wildest expectations in his NHL career. If he can be half as successful as he continues his post-playing career, the Kings made a wise decision to extend his contract.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)