Oct 11, 2010, 10:05 PM EST
As a player, Luc Robitaille was a big part of the Los Angeles Kings’ greatest moments, especially in the ’90s.
While “Lucky Luc” won’t score another goal for the franchise, the Kings still find him to be a valuable asset. It’s just that now he’s a member of the team’s front office rather than a high-scoring left wing.
Congratulations to Robitaille, a great guy who exceeded even his own wildest expectations in his NHL career. If he can be half as successful as he continues his post-playing career, the Kings made a wise decision to extend his contract.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 14
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11