Oct 11, 2010, 2:03 AM EDT
Forward Rene Bourque and defenseman Adam Pardy both left tonight’s game with separate ailments and their status is, as yet, unknown. Flames Insider’s Scott Cruickshank runs down the status of the newest of Calgary’s skating wounded.
Left winger Rene Bourque suffered a suspected concussion after being toppled by burly Kevin Westgarth on the blind side, the Kings’ 6-foot-4, 228-pound winger clipping him while attempting to jump out of the way.
For Bourque, starting the first year of a six-season $20 million contract, injury is becoming an unfortunate habit.
Defenceman Adam Pardy had earlier exited, appearing to injure a shoulder on his first shift while trying to bury L.A.’s Wayne Simmonds into the boards.
While the Flames have been dealing with more than a few problems health-wise with their centers, having their wingers go down just throws gasoline on the injury fire going on in Calgary.
If you’ve lost track of everyone that’s hurt in Calgary, here’s the list: Matthew Stajan, Daymond Langkow, Ales Kotalik, Raitis Ivanans, Ryan Stone, and David Moss. All are forwards, all are expected to be contributors to the starting lineup, all of them are not playing.
If Bourque and Pardy get added to the list, we’ll have to start calling the Scotiabank Saddledome the infirmary. Either that or just put the place in the running for “Most Cursed Building” with the Islanders’ home arena Nassau Coliseum.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 5
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)