Oct 11, 2010, 2:03 AM EDT
Forward Rene Bourque and defenseman Adam Pardy both left tonight’s game with separate ailments and their status is, as yet, unknown. Flames Insider’s Scott Cruickshank runs down the status of the newest of Calgary’s skating wounded.
Left winger Rene Bourque suffered a suspected concussion after being toppled by burly Kevin Westgarth on the blind side, the Kings’ 6-foot-4, 228-pound winger clipping him while attempting to jump out of the way.
For Bourque, starting the first year of a six-season $20 million contract, injury is becoming an unfortunate habit.
Defenceman Adam Pardy had earlier exited, appearing to injure a shoulder on his first shift while trying to bury L.A.’s Wayne Simmonds into the boards.
While the Flames have been dealing with more than a few problems health-wise with their centers, having their wingers go down just throws gasoline on the injury fire going on in Calgary.
If you’ve lost track of everyone that’s hurt in Calgary, here’s the list: Matthew Stajan, Daymond Langkow, Ales Kotalik, Raitis Ivanans, Ryan Stone, and David Moss. All are forwards, all are expected to be contributors to the starting lineup, all of them are not playing.
If Bourque and Pardy get added to the list, we’ll have to start calling the Scotiabank Saddledome the infirmary. Either that or just put the place in the running for “Most Cursed Building” with the Islanders’ home arena Nassau Coliseum.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)