Oct 11, 2010, 2:03 AM EDT
Forward Rene Bourque and defenseman Adam Pardy both left tonight’s game with separate ailments and their status is, as yet, unknown. Flames Insider’s Scott Cruickshank runs down the status of the newest of Calgary’s skating wounded.
Left winger Rene Bourque suffered a suspected concussion after being toppled by burly Kevin Westgarth on the blind side, the Kings’ 6-foot-4, 228-pound winger clipping him while attempting to jump out of the way.
For Bourque, starting the first year of a six-season $20 million contract, injury is becoming an unfortunate habit.
Defenceman Adam Pardy had earlier exited, appearing to injure a shoulder on his first shift while trying to bury L.A.’s Wayne Simmonds into the boards.
While the Flames have been dealing with more than a few problems health-wise with their centers, having their wingers go down just throws gasoline on the injury fire going on in Calgary.
If you’ve lost track of everyone that’s hurt in Calgary, here’s the list: Matthew Stajan, Daymond Langkow, Ales Kotalik, Raitis Ivanans, Ryan Stone, and David Moss. All are forwards, all are expected to be contributors to the starting lineup, all of them are not playing.
If Bourque and Pardy get added to the list, we’ll have to start calling the Scotiabank Saddledome the infirmary. Either that or just put the place in the running for “Most Cursed Building” with the Islanders’ home arena Nassau Coliseum.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)