Oct 11, 2010, 2:03 AM EDT
Forward Rene Bourque and defenseman Adam Pardy both left tonight’s game with separate ailments and their status is, as yet, unknown. Flames Insider’s Scott Cruickshank runs down the status of the newest of Calgary’s skating wounded.
Left winger Rene Bourque suffered a suspected concussion after being toppled by burly Kevin Westgarth on the blind side, the Kings’ 6-foot-4, 228-pound winger clipping him while attempting to jump out of the way.
For Bourque, starting the first year of a six-season $20 million contract, injury is becoming an unfortunate habit.
Defenceman Adam Pardy had earlier exited, appearing to injure a shoulder on his first shift while trying to bury L.A.’s Wayne Simmonds into the boards.
While the Flames have been dealing with more than a few problems health-wise with their centers, having their wingers go down just throws gasoline on the injury fire going on in Calgary.
If you’ve lost track of everyone that’s hurt in Calgary, here’s the list: Matthew Stajan, Daymond Langkow, Ales Kotalik, Raitis Ivanans, Ryan Stone, and David Moss. All are forwards, all are expected to be contributors to the starting lineup, all of them are not playing.
If Bourque and Pardy get added to the list, we’ll have to start calling the Scotiabank Saddledome the infirmary. Either that or just put the place in the running for “Most Cursed Building” with the Islanders’ home arena Nassau Coliseum.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)