Oct 10, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
There are goals that every player grows up dreaming about scoring. Maybe the odd blooper of a goal wasn’t the kind of thing Patrick Kane envisioned as a kid in Buffalo, but it certainly was the right showing and a testimony of his great skill.
Another goal people dream up is their first career tally. For Derek Stepan, his came in three but they were kind of ugly. Tyler Seguin is struggling a little bit as he adjusts to the NHL game, but he showed the kind of talent that made him a No. 2 overall pick with this impressive breakaway goal.
That goal made it 3-0 in the third period, more or less icing the game for the Bruins. Chances are Seguin will score a lot of ugly goals too, but it never hurts to make your first goal one for the highlight reel.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)