Oct 10, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
There are goals that every player grows up dreaming about scoring. Maybe the odd blooper of a goal wasn’t the kind of thing Patrick Kane envisioned as a kid in Buffalo, but it certainly was the right showing and a testimony of his great skill.
Another goal people dream up is their first career tally. For Derek Stepan, his came in three but they were kind of ugly. Tyler Seguin is struggling a little bit as he adjusts to the NHL game, but he showed the kind of talent that made him a No. 2 overall pick with this impressive breakaway goal.
That goal made it 3-0 in the third period, more or less icing the game for the Bruins. Chances are Seguin will score a lot of ugly goals too, but it never hurts to make your first goal one for the highlight reel.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)