Oct 10, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
There are goals that every player grows up dreaming about scoring. Maybe the odd blooper of a goal wasn’t the kind of thing Patrick Kane envisioned as a kid in Buffalo, but it certainly was the right showing and a testimony of his great skill.
Another goal people dream up is their first career tally. For Derek Stepan, his came in three but they were kind of ugly. Tyler Seguin is struggling a little bit as he adjusts to the NHL game, but he showed the kind of talent that made him a No. 2 overall pick with this impressive breakaway goal.
That goal made it 3-0 in the third period, more or less icing the game for the Bruins. Chances are Seguin will score a lot of ugly goals too, but it never hurts to make your first goal one for the highlight reel.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 18
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)