Oct 10, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
There are goals that every player grows up dreaming about scoring. Maybe the odd blooper of a goal wasn’t the kind of thing Patrick Kane envisioned as a kid in Buffalo, but it certainly was the right showing and a testimony of his great skill.
Another goal people dream up is their first career tally. For Derek Stepan, his came in three but they were kind of ugly. Tyler Seguin is struggling a little bit as he adjusts to the NHL game, but he showed the kind of talent that made him a No. 2 overall pick with this impressive breakaway goal.
That goal made it 3-0 in the third period, more or less icing the game for the Bruins. Chances are Seguin will score a lot of ugly goals too, but it never hurts to make your first goal one for the highlight reel.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)