Oct 10, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
After losing an ugly game to the Coyotes yesterday, the Bruins came back strong and will leave Prague 1-1 thanks to a great effort today.
Tim Thomas earned a shutout (making 29 out of 29 saves), Tyler Seguin scored his first career goal* thanks to a great pass by Michael Ryder and new acquisition Nathan Horton scored another goal (and an assist) to help Boston win this game.
Ilya Bryzgalov kept the Coyotes in the game, particularly in the scoreless first period, when the Bruins out-shot the Coyotes 15-8. Bryzgalov stopped 34 out of 37 shots, but it wasn’t enough for the punch-less Coyotes today.
* – Expect video of that later this week.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8