Oct 10, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
After losing an ugly game to the Coyotes yesterday, the Bruins came back strong and will leave Prague 1-1 thanks to a great effort today.
Tim Thomas earned a shutout (making 29 out of 29 saves), Tyler Seguin scored his first career goal* thanks to a great pass by Michael Ryder and new acquisition Nathan Horton scored another goal (and an assist) to help Boston win this game.
Ilya Bryzgalov kept the Coyotes in the game, particularly in the scoreless first period, when the Bruins out-shot the Coyotes 15-8. Bryzgalov stopped 34 out of 37 shots, but it wasn’t enough for the punch-less Coyotes today.
* – Expect video of that later this week.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5