Oct 10, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Jason Gold reports that St. Louis Blues enforcer Cam Janssen will miss two weeks thanks to injuries incurred in last night’s season opener.
St. Louis Blues enforcer RW Cam Janssen (concussion & sternum contusion) is expected to miss 2 weeks.
Concussion and sternum contusion? Jeez, rub some dirt on it. (Seriously, though, that sounds terrible. Could it be more than two weeks?)
Dan O’Neill of St. Louis Today was worried about the concept of Janssen being injured when he wrote a recap of the game last night.
Cam Janssen did not return for the third period. Blues fans can hope for the best, but it did not look good. Janssen took a nasty shot in the head. If he is injured for any length of time, not sure who the team would call up to fill his role.
For two weeks or so, the Blues will need to find a way.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20