Oct 10, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Jason Gold reports that St. Louis Blues enforcer Cam Janssen will miss two weeks thanks to injuries incurred in last night’s season opener.
St. Louis Blues enforcer RW Cam Janssen (concussion & sternum contusion) is expected to miss 2 weeks.
Concussion and sternum contusion? Jeez, rub some dirt on it. (Seriously, though, that sounds terrible. Could it be more than two weeks?)
Dan O’Neill of St. Louis Today was worried about the concept of Janssen being injured when he wrote a recap of the game last night.
Cam Janssen did not return for the third period. Blues fans can hope for the best, but it did not look good. Janssen took a nasty shot in the head. If he is injured for any length of time, not sure who the team would call up to fill his role.
For two weeks or so, the Blues will need to find a way.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)