Oct 10, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Jason Gold reports that St. Louis Blues enforcer Cam Janssen will miss two weeks thanks to injuries incurred in last night’s season opener.
St. Louis Blues enforcer RW Cam Janssen (concussion & sternum contusion) is expected to miss 2 weeks.
Concussion and sternum contusion? Jeez, rub some dirt on it. (Seriously, though, that sounds terrible. Could it be more than two weeks?)
Dan O’Neill of St. Louis Today was worried about the concept of Janssen being injured when he wrote a recap of the game last night.
Cam Janssen did not return for the third period. Blues fans can hope for the best, but it did not look good. Janssen took a nasty shot in the head. If he is injured for any length of time, not sure who the team would call up to fill his role.
For two weeks or so, the Blues will need to find a way.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 3
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 13
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 16
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)