Oct 10, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Jason Gold reports that St. Louis Blues enforcer Cam Janssen will miss two weeks thanks to injuries incurred in last night’s season opener.
St. Louis Blues enforcer RW Cam Janssen (concussion & sternum contusion) is expected to miss 2 weeks.
Concussion and sternum contusion? Jeez, rub some dirt on it. (Seriously, though, that sounds terrible. Could it be more than two weeks?)
Dan O’Neill of St. Louis Today was worried about the concept of Janssen being injured when he wrote a recap of the game last night.
Cam Janssen did not return for the third period. Blues fans can hope for the best, but it did not look good. Janssen took a nasty shot in the head. If he is injured for any length of time, not sure who the team would call up to fill his role.
For two weeks or so, the Blues will need to find a way.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)