Oct 10, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Jason Gold reports that St. Louis Blues enforcer Cam Janssen will miss two weeks thanks to injuries incurred in last night’s season opener.
St. Louis Blues enforcer RW Cam Janssen (concussion & sternum contusion) is expected to miss 2 weeks.
Concussion and sternum contusion? Jeez, rub some dirt on it. (Seriously, though, that sounds terrible. Could it be more than two weeks?)
Dan O’Neill of St. Louis Today was worried about the concept of Janssen being injured when he wrote a recap of the game last night.
Cam Janssen did not return for the third period. Blues fans can hope for the best, but it did not look good. Janssen took a nasty shot in the head. If he is injured for any length of time, not sure who the team would call up to fill his role.
For two weeks or so, the Blues will need to find a way.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12