Oct 10, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
Andreas Lilja might not be getting the kind of $1 million deal he passed on with the Detroit Red Wings during the summer, but it sounds like he might finally land an NHL job.
With Andy Sutton on the mend with a broken thumb, the Ducks have a hole to fill on their already shaky blue line. Lilja won’t solve the defensive ills that allowed 89 shots on Jonas Hiller in only two games, but he will at least provide plenty of experience. Ansar Khan passes along a Swedish report that Lilja signed a one-year deal with the Ducks.
Former Detroit Red Wings defenseman Andreas Lilja, whose visa was set to expire today, apparently has signed a one-year contract with the Anaheim Ducks, according to Sweden’s Expressen.
The Ducks needed some help on defense after Andy Sutton fractured his thumb in a fight with Detroit’s Ruslan Salei on Friday.
Congrats to Lilja, even if he’s basically walking into a disaster area that is the Ducks’ defense.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)