Oct 10, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
Even if it’s slightly exaggerated, it seems like the Nashville Predators are forced to find a new starter every year since their No. 1 always gets hurt. First, it was Tomas Vokoun making way for Chris Mason. Mason then had to fight off Dan Ellis, who was scuttled aside for their current big-money guy, Pekka Rinne.
After a sterling 29 for 30 save performance through most of the Predators’ season opener, Rinne went down with a “lower body injury” after his defenseman Francis Bouillon pushed Troy Bodie on top of him. The Sporting News has the story.
Nashville Predators goalie Pekka Rinne is day-to-day with what team officials call a lower-body injury from Saturday’s 4-1 victory over the Anaheim Ducks. “I know it’s not anything major,” coach Barry Trotz told reporters after the game.
Rinne was seen walking without a limp after the game, The Tennessean of Nashville reported. He was not made available to the media.
Rinne left the game at 17:24 of the third period, just over a minute after Anaheim’s Troy Bodie fell onto him and into the goal. Bodie had been pushed by Predators defenseman Francis Bouillon.
“We both fell on (Rinne), and hopefully it’s not that bad,” Bouillon told The Tennessean. “I felt kind of bad, but it’s part of the game. My game is to play physical and to hit some guys, so I had no choice.”
Anders Lindback came in to relieve Rinne while Dirk Hoag of On the Forecheck states that Mark Dekanich might be called up while Rinne recovers from his injury.
It’s a tough blow to the Predators as Rinne enters his first season as a true unquestioned starter, but if any team can roll with the injury-based punches, it’s Nashville.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)