Oct 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
When you lose a game 7-2, there might be some bad news for you the next day. Let’s take a look at three notes on the New Jersey Devils, thanks to our MSNBC cousins at Rotoworld.com.
- Anton Volchenkov received big bucks from the Devils in part because of his seeming lack of fear when it comes to blocking shots, but even he has his limits. Volchenkov said he was lucky to be wearing a visor last night, as a puck him in the face (and broke his nose) but could have been much worse.
Since he’s tough/a hockey player, he might actually play in Monday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Consider him day-to-day at this point.
- Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond might receive a suspension, but surprisingly it won’t be for having a ridiculous double-hyphenated name. The Devils’ resident goon instigated a fight in the last five minutes of the Capitals-Devils game last night, which typically garners a one-game suspension unless the NHL decides to arbitrarily backpedal or find some loophole. Considering Leblond’s far-from-star status, it’s probably a safe bet to assume he might miss the game.
- Calgary Flames GM Darryl Sutter might dab at his eye due to nostalgia because the Devils might be forced to dress less than 18 players on Monday, according to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice. Brian Rolston being day-to-day with a lower body injury makes that possibility quite a bit stronger.
Now if Devils GM Lou Lamoriello could simply get Rolston to pretend he’s injured enough to go on the long-term injured reserve.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 3
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 13
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)