Oct 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
When you lose a game 7-2, there might be some bad news for you the next day. Let’s take a look at three notes on the New Jersey Devils, thanks to our MSNBC cousins at Rotoworld.com.
- Anton Volchenkov received big bucks from the Devils in part because of his seeming lack of fear when it comes to blocking shots, but even he has his limits. Volchenkov said he was lucky to be wearing a visor last night, as a puck him in the face (and broke his nose) but could have been much worse.
Since he’s tough/a hockey player, he might actually play in Monday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Consider him day-to-day at this point.
- Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond might receive a suspension, but surprisingly it won’t be for having a ridiculous double-hyphenated name. The Devils’ resident goon instigated a fight in the last five minutes of the Capitals-Devils game last night, which typically garners a one-game suspension unless the NHL decides to arbitrarily backpedal or find some loophole. Considering Leblond’s far-from-star status, it’s probably a safe bet to assume he might miss the game.
- Calgary Flames GM Darryl Sutter might dab at his eye due to nostalgia because the Devils might be forced to dress less than 18 players on Monday, according to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice. Brian Rolston being day-to-day with a lower body injury makes that possibility quite a bit stronger.
Now if Devils GM Lou Lamoriello could simply get Rolston to pretend he’s injured enough to go on the long-term injured reserve.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)