Oct 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
When you lose a game 7-2, there might be some bad news for you the next day. Let’s take a look at three notes on the New Jersey Devils, thanks to our MSNBC cousins at Rotoworld.com.
- Anton Volchenkov received big bucks from the Devils in part because of his seeming lack of fear when it comes to blocking shots, but even he has his limits. Volchenkov said he was lucky to be wearing a visor last night, as a puck him in the face (and broke his nose) but could have been much worse.
Since he’s tough/a hockey player, he might actually play in Monday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Consider him day-to-day at this point.
- Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond might receive a suspension, but surprisingly it won’t be for having a ridiculous double-hyphenated name. The Devils’ resident goon instigated a fight in the last five minutes of the Capitals-Devils game last night, which typically garners a one-game suspension unless the NHL decides to arbitrarily backpedal or find some loophole. Considering Leblond’s far-from-star status, it’s probably a safe bet to assume he might miss the game.
- Calgary Flames GM Darryl Sutter might dab at his eye due to nostalgia because the Devils might be forced to dress less than 18 players on Monday, according to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice. Brian Rolston being day-to-day with a lower body injury makes that possibility quite a bit stronger.
Now if Devils GM Lou Lamoriello could simply get Rolston to pretend he’s injured enough to go on the long-term injured reserve.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (121)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)