Oct 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
When you lose a game 7-2, there might be some bad news for you the next day. Let’s take a look at three notes on the New Jersey Devils, thanks to our MSNBC cousins at Rotoworld.com.
- Anton Volchenkov received big bucks from the Devils in part because of his seeming lack of fear when it comes to blocking shots, but even he has his limits. Volchenkov said he was lucky to be wearing a visor last night, as a puck him in the face (and broke his nose) but could have been much worse.
Since he’s tough/a hockey player, he might actually play in Monday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Consider him day-to-day at this point.
- Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond might receive a suspension, but surprisingly it won’t be for having a ridiculous double-hyphenated name. The Devils’ resident goon instigated a fight in the last five minutes of the Capitals-Devils game last night, which typically garners a one-game suspension unless the NHL decides to arbitrarily backpedal or find some loophole. Considering Leblond’s far-from-star status, it’s probably a safe bet to assume he might miss the game.
- Calgary Flames GM Darryl Sutter might dab at his eye due to nostalgia because the Devils might be forced to dress less than 18 players on Monday, according to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice. Brian Rolston being day-to-day with a lower body injury makes that possibility quite a bit stronger.
Now if Devils GM Lou Lamoriello could simply get Rolston to pretend he’s injured enough to go on the long-term injured reserve.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 2
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 14
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)