Oct 10, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
When you lose a game 7-2, there might be some bad news for you the next day. Let’s take a look at three notes on the New Jersey Devils, thanks to our MSNBC cousins at Rotoworld.com.
- Anton Volchenkov received big bucks from the Devils in part because of his seeming lack of fear when it comes to blocking shots, but even he has his limits. Volchenkov said he was lucky to be wearing a visor last night, as a puck him in the face (and broke his nose) but could have been much worse.
Since he’s tough/a hockey player, he might actually play in Monday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Consider him day-to-day at this point.
- Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond might receive a suspension, but surprisingly it won’t be for having a ridiculous double-hyphenated name. The Devils’ resident goon instigated a fight in the last five minutes of the Capitals-Devils game last night, which typically garners a one-game suspension unless the NHL decides to arbitrarily backpedal or find some loophole. Considering Leblond’s far-from-star status, it’s probably a safe bet to assume he might miss the game.
- Calgary Flames GM Darryl Sutter might dab at his eye due to nostalgia because the Devils might be forced to dress less than 18 players on Monday, according to Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice. Brian Rolston being day-to-day with a lower body injury makes that possibility quite a bit stronger.
Now if Devils GM Lou Lamoriello could simply get Rolston to pretend he’s injured enough to go on the long-term injured reserve.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (63)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)