Oct 9, 2010, 11:21 AM EDT
It’s time for a little bit of “You Make The Call” here at PHT.
Last night saw Detroit’s Dan Cleary go barreling into Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller while going after a Pavel Datsyuk pass. Cleary crashed into Hiller and the puck went into the net. Here’s the video of how things turned out.
The initial call on the ice was for no goal. The review went to the Toronto war room and the Wings were given credit for the goal that made it 4-0, the ultimate outcome. Of course, we’re not the off-ice officials here but now we’ve seen the replay so now we’re experts: What do you think? Should Dan Cleary have been given a goal there?
Don’t let Pavel Datsyuk’s assist affect your decision making here, as that was instrumental for Datsyuk towards getting the Gordie Howe hat trick last night. Let us know what you think in the comments.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)