Oct 9, 2010, 3:35 AM EDT
While the Red Wings’ season got off to a hot start with a 4-0 win over Anaheim, it didn’t come without some worry. Defenseman Jonathan Ericsson left the game in the first period with back spasms and will miss Saturday’s game in Chicago. The Wings will have to call on rookie defenseman Jakub Kindl to take Ericsson’s place in the lineup.
Ericsson’s absence provides Kindl with a big opportunity to make a name for himself as Ericsson’s play suffered last season, and while he showed slight improvement in training camp it’s not as if he’s irreplaceable in the lineup as the team’s sixth defenseman. Kindl won a spot on the Wings roster out of training camp, beating out Derek Meech for the position.
(Photo: Claus Andersen – Getty Images)
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20