Oct 9, 2010, 10:55 PM EST
I thought it took time to adjust to the speed of the NHL game?
Derek Stepan sure made it easy tonight, scoring a hat trick in his first game as the New York Rangers beat the Buffalo Sabres 6-3 tonight. Stepan is only the fourth player in NHL history to score three goals in his debut game, so it seems reasonable to share video of the feat.
I’m not sure if the young lady sitting with Stepan’s mom is his sister or “special lady” but I’d tip my cap to her, too.
Jordan Leopold wasn’t half-bad in his second game in a Sabres uniform, either, scoring two goals and adding an assist in a losing effort.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)