Oct 9, 2010, 10:55 PM EDT
I thought it took time to adjust to the speed of the NHL game?
Derek Stepan sure made it easy tonight, scoring a hat trick in his first game as the New York Rangers beat the Buffalo Sabres 6-3 tonight. Stepan is only the fourth player in NHL history to score three goals in his debut game, so it seems reasonable to share video of the feat.
I’m not sure if the young lady sitting with Stepan’s mom is his sister or “special lady” but I’d tip my cap to her, too.
Jordan Leopold wasn’t half-bad in his second game in a Sabres uniform, either, scoring two goals and adding an assist in a losing effort.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)