Oct 9, 2010, 10:55 PM EST
I thought it took time to adjust to the speed of the NHL game?
Derek Stepan sure made it easy tonight, scoring a hat trick in his first game as the New York Rangers beat the Buffalo Sabres 6-3 tonight. Stepan is only the fourth player in NHL history to score three goals in his debut game, so it seems reasonable to share video of the feat.
I’m not sure if the young lady sitting with Stepan’s mom is his sister or “special lady” but I’d tip my cap to her, too.
Jordan Leopold wasn’t half-bad in his second game in a Sabres uniform, either, scoring two goals and adding an assist in a losing effort.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)