Oct 9, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Last night’s Sabres 2-1 win over the Senators produced not just a surprising outcome (the Sabres are generally miserable against Ottawa) but also our goal of the night. Check out the stick handling by Sabres forward Derek Roy.
You can’t really fault Sens goalie Pascal Leclaire for making the moves he did. Any of us likely would’ve started flopping around ourselves hoping to just get a piece of the action. As it is, the Sabres probably should’ve won more handily than they did, but Leclaire stood tall to keep Ottawa in the game. That kind of goaltending the Senators will need all year.
Meanwhile, the Sabres will be hoping for better puck luck. If Roy can dance around like that all year, they’ll be better off for it.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 12
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)