Oct 9, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Last night’s Sabres 2-1 win over the Senators produced not just a surprising outcome (the Sabres are generally miserable against Ottawa) but also our goal of the night. Check out the stick handling by Sabres forward Derek Roy.
You can’t really fault Sens goalie Pascal Leclaire for making the moves he did. Any of us likely would’ve started flopping around ourselves hoping to just get a piece of the action. As it is, the Sabres probably should’ve won more handily than they did, but Leclaire stood tall to keep Ottawa in the game. That kind of goaltending the Senators will need all year.
Meanwhile, the Sabres will be hoping for better puck luck. If Roy can dance around like that all year, they’ll be better off for it.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)