Oct 9, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Last night’s Sabres 2-1 win over the Senators produced not just a surprising outcome (the Sabres are generally miserable against Ottawa) but also our goal of the night. Check out the stick handling by Sabres forward Derek Roy.
You can’t really fault Sens goalie Pascal Leclaire for making the moves he did. Any of us likely would’ve started flopping around ourselves hoping to just get a piece of the action. As it is, the Sabres probably should’ve won more handily than they did, but Leclaire stood tall to keep Ottawa in the game. That kind of goaltending the Senators will need all year.
Meanwhile, the Sabres will be hoping for better puck luck. If Roy can dance around like that all year, they’ll be better off for it.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)