Oct 9, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Last night’s Sabres 2-1 win over the Senators produced not just a surprising outcome (the Sabres are generally miserable against Ottawa) but also our goal of the night. Check out the stick handling by Sabres forward Derek Roy.
You can’t really fault Sens goalie Pascal Leclaire for making the moves he did. Any of us likely would’ve started flopping around ourselves hoping to just get a piece of the action. As it is, the Sabres probably should’ve won more handily than they did, but Leclaire stood tall to keep Ottawa in the game. That kind of goaltending the Senators will need all year.
Meanwhile, the Sabres will be hoping for better puck luck. If Roy can dance around like that all year, they’ll be better off for it.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)