Oct 9, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Last night’s Sabres 2-1 win over the Senators produced not just a surprising outcome (the Sabres are generally miserable against Ottawa) but also our goal of the night. Check out the stick handling by Sabres forward Derek Roy.
You can’t really fault Sens goalie Pascal Leclaire for making the moves he did. Any of us likely would’ve started flopping around ourselves hoping to just get a piece of the action. As it is, the Sabres probably should’ve won more handily than they did, but Leclaire stood tall to keep Ottawa in the game. That kind of goaltending the Senators will need all year.
Meanwhile, the Sabres will be hoping for better puck luck. If Roy can dance around like that all year, they’ll be better off for it.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 7
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)