Oct 9, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
You could say it was a great start to the season for the Phoenix Coyotes, meanwhile the Bruins will be left to answer a few questions of their own after the Coyotes took out Boston 5-2 in Prague. The Coyotes outskated, outhustled, and outworked the Bruins on their way to running the Bruins out of the arena.
Meanwhile, Coyotes goalie was stellar stopping 40 shots to get the win. Czech native Radim Vrbata had two goals for the Coyotes, including a nifty effort in the first period knocking the puck out of the air.
If there’s a bright spot to the game for the Bruins it came in forward Nathan Horton. Horton had both Bruins goals and was one of the few players on the ice who came out ready to go. The Bruins defense, meanwhile, struggled mightily with the speed of the Phoenix skaters. If dealing with speedy teams is going to be a problem for the Bruins this year, they’re going to have a host of problems all season long.
At the very least, goalie Tuukka Rask looked solid even in spite of the score in the game. Rask made 36 saves in the loss. The two teams will go at it again tomorrow in Prague before heading back to North America.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)