Oct 9, 2010, 4:32 PM EST
You could say it was a great start to the season for the Phoenix Coyotes, meanwhile the Bruins will be left to answer a few questions of their own after the Coyotes took out Boston 5-2 in Prague. The Coyotes outskated, outhustled, and outworked the Bruins on their way to running the Bruins out of the arena.
Meanwhile, Coyotes goalie was stellar stopping 40 shots to get the win. Czech native Radim Vrbata had two goals for the Coyotes, including a nifty effort in the first period knocking the puck out of the air.
If there’s a bright spot to the game for the Bruins it came in forward Nathan Horton. Horton had both Bruins goals and was one of the few players on the ice who came out ready to go. The Bruins defense, meanwhile, struggled mightily with the speed of the Phoenix skaters. If dealing with speedy teams is going to be a problem for the Bruins this year, they’re going to have a host of problems all season long.
At the very least, goalie Tuukka Rask looked solid even in spite of the score in the game. Rask made 36 saves in the loss. The two teams will go at it again tomorrow in Prague before heading back to North America.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)