Oct 9, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
You could say it was a great start to the season for the Phoenix Coyotes, meanwhile the Bruins will be left to answer a few questions of their own after the Coyotes took out Boston 5-2 in Prague. The Coyotes outskated, outhustled, and outworked the Bruins on their way to running the Bruins out of the arena.
Meanwhile, Coyotes goalie was stellar stopping 40 shots to get the win. Czech native Radim Vrbata had two goals for the Coyotes, including a nifty effort in the first period knocking the puck out of the air.
If there’s a bright spot to the game for the Bruins it came in forward Nathan Horton. Horton had both Bruins goals and was one of the few players on the ice who came out ready to go. The Bruins defense, meanwhile, struggled mightily with the speed of the Phoenix skaters. If dealing with speedy teams is going to be a problem for the Bruins this year, they’re going to have a host of problems all season long.
At the very least, goalie Tuukka Rask looked solid even in spite of the score in the game. Rask made 36 saves in the loss. The two teams will go at it again tomorrow in Prague before heading back to North America.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)