Oct 9, 2010, 4:32 PM EST
You could say it was a great start to the season for the Phoenix Coyotes, meanwhile the Bruins will be left to answer a few questions of their own after the Coyotes took out Boston 5-2 in Prague. The Coyotes outskated, outhustled, and outworked the Bruins on their way to running the Bruins out of the arena.
Meanwhile, Coyotes goalie was stellar stopping 40 shots to get the win. Czech native Radim Vrbata had two goals for the Coyotes, including a nifty effort in the first period knocking the puck out of the air.
If there’s a bright spot to the game for the Bruins it came in forward Nathan Horton. Horton had both Bruins goals and was one of the few players on the ice who came out ready to go. The Bruins defense, meanwhile, struggled mightily with the speed of the Phoenix skaters. If dealing with speedy teams is going to be a problem for the Bruins this year, they’re going to have a host of problems all season long.
At the very least, goalie Tuukka Rask looked solid even in spite of the score in the game. Rask made 36 saves in the loss. The two teams will go at it again tomorrow in Prague before heading back to North America.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)