Oct 9, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
You could say it was a great start to the season for the Phoenix Coyotes, meanwhile the Bruins will be left to answer a few questions of their own after the Coyotes took out Boston 5-2 in Prague. The Coyotes outskated, outhustled, and outworked the Bruins on their way to running the Bruins out of the arena.
Meanwhile, Coyotes goalie was stellar stopping 40 shots to get the win. Czech native Radim Vrbata had two goals for the Coyotes, including a nifty effort in the first period knocking the puck out of the air.
If there’s a bright spot to the game for the Bruins it came in forward Nathan Horton. Horton had both Bruins goals and was one of the few players on the ice who came out ready to go. The Bruins defense, meanwhile, struggled mightily with the speed of the Phoenix skaters. If dealing with speedy teams is going to be a problem for the Bruins this year, they’re going to have a host of problems all season long.
At the very least, goalie Tuukka Rask looked solid even in spite of the score in the game. Rask made 36 saves in the loss. The two teams will go at it again tomorrow in Prague before heading back to North America.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)