Oct 9, 2010, 5:31 PM EST
Ducks defenseman Andy Sutton’s broken thumb suffered in a fight with Ruslan Salei last night has lead to a roster move for Anaheim. Defenseman Brett Festerling gets the call from Syracuse to join the Ducks and take the place of Sutton. It’s expected that Luca Sbisa will get the nod to take Sutton’s place in the lineup. Festerling lost out on what was assumed to be a starting job in training camp to rookies Sbisa and Cam Fowler.
Meanwhile in Chicago, the Blackhawks have called up Brandon Pirri from Rockford in the AHL and he’ll reportedly be in the lineup tonight against the Red Wings in place of Patrick Sharp. With Sharp out, calling up Pirri is a bit surprising. Jeremy Morin was the young rookie that got the longest look in training camp while Pirri was sent home a bit sooner.
As we mentioned earlier today, Atlanta called up goalie Drew McIntyre from Chicago to take Ondrej Pavelec’s spot in the lineup while he’s in an Atlanta hospital. He’ll be backing up Chris Mason tonight in Tampa Bay.
(Photo: Claus Andersen – Getty Images)
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 0
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 1
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4