Oct 9, 2010, 5:31 PM EDT
Ducks defenseman Andy Sutton’s broken thumb suffered in a fight with Ruslan Salei last night has lead to a roster move for Anaheim. Defenseman Brett Festerling gets the call from Syracuse to join the Ducks and take the place of Sutton. It’s expected that Luca Sbisa will get the nod to take Sutton’s place in the lineup. Festerling lost out on what was assumed to be a starting job in training camp to rookies Sbisa and Cam Fowler.
Meanwhile in Chicago, the Blackhawks have called up Brandon Pirri from Rockford in the AHL and he’ll reportedly be in the lineup tonight against the Red Wings in place of Patrick Sharp. With Sharp out, calling up Pirri is a bit surprising. Jeremy Morin was the young rookie that got the longest look in training camp while Pirri was sent home a bit sooner.
As we mentioned earlier today, Atlanta called up goalie Drew McIntyre from Chicago to take Ondrej Pavelec’s spot in the lineup while he’s in an Atlanta hospital. He’ll be backing up Chris Mason tonight in Tampa Bay.
(Photo: Claus Andersen – Getty Images)
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22