Oct 9, 2010, 5:31 PM EDT
Ducks defenseman Andy Sutton’s broken thumb suffered in a fight with Ruslan Salei last night has lead to a roster move for Anaheim. Defenseman Brett Festerling gets the call from Syracuse to join the Ducks and take the place of Sutton. It’s expected that Luca Sbisa will get the nod to take Sutton’s place in the lineup. Festerling lost out on what was assumed to be a starting job in training camp to rookies Sbisa and Cam Fowler.
Meanwhile in Chicago, the Blackhawks have called up Brandon Pirri from Rockford in the AHL and he’ll reportedly be in the lineup tonight against the Red Wings in place of Patrick Sharp. With Sharp out, calling up Pirri is a bit surprising. Jeremy Morin was the young rookie that got the longest look in training camp while Pirri was sent home a bit sooner.
As we mentioned earlier today, Atlanta called up goalie Drew McIntyre from Chicago to take Ondrej Pavelec’s spot in the lineup while he’s in an Atlanta hospital. He’ll be backing up Chris Mason tonight in Tampa Bay.
(Photo: Claus Andersen – Getty Images)
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 42
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)