Oct 9, 2010, 5:31 PM EST
Ducks defenseman Andy Sutton’s broken thumb suffered in a fight with Ruslan Salei last night has lead to a roster move for Anaheim. Defenseman Brett Festerling gets the call from Syracuse to join the Ducks and take the place of Sutton. It’s expected that Luca Sbisa will get the nod to take Sutton’s place in the lineup. Festerling lost out on what was assumed to be a starting job in training camp to rookies Sbisa and Cam Fowler.
Meanwhile in Chicago, the Blackhawks have called up Brandon Pirri from Rockford in the AHL and he’ll reportedly be in the lineup tonight against the Red Wings in place of Patrick Sharp. With Sharp out, calling up Pirri is a bit surprising. Jeremy Morin was the young rookie that got the longest look in training camp while Pirri was sent home a bit sooner.
As we mentioned earlier today, Atlanta called up goalie Drew McIntyre from Chicago to take Ondrej Pavelec’s spot in the lineup while he’s in an Atlanta hospital. He’ll be backing up Chris Mason tonight in Tampa Bay.
(Photo: Claus Andersen – Getty Images)
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32