Oct 9, 2010, 5:31 PM EDT
Ducks defenseman Andy Sutton’s broken thumb suffered in a fight with Ruslan Salei last night has lead to a roster move for Anaheim. Defenseman Brett Festerling gets the call from Syracuse to join the Ducks and take the place of Sutton. It’s expected that Luca Sbisa will get the nod to take Sutton’s place in the lineup. Festerling lost out on what was assumed to be a starting job in training camp to rookies Sbisa and Cam Fowler.
Meanwhile in Chicago, the Blackhawks have called up Brandon Pirri from Rockford in the AHL and he’ll reportedly be in the lineup tonight against the Red Wings in place of Patrick Sharp. With Sharp out, calling up Pirri is a bit surprising. Jeremy Morin was the young rookie that got the longest look in training camp while Pirri was sent home a bit sooner.
As we mentioned earlier today, Atlanta called up goalie Drew McIntyre from Chicago to take Ondrej Pavelec’s spot in the lineup while he’s in an Atlanta hospital. He’ll be backing up Chris Mason tonight in Tampa Bay.
(Photo: Claus Andersen – Getty Images)
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)