Oct 8, 2010, 8:31 PM EST
The Thrashers have updated goalie Ondrej Pavelec’s situation in Atlanta. Pavelec collapsed during a break in play 2:25 into the first period of play against the Washington Capitals. Ben Wright from the Atlanta Thrashers provides this update on his condition.
Official word: Pavelec lost consciousness and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. No other info yet.
Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution did report some good news.
I’m told Pavelec regained consciousness.
Pavelec laid on the ice motionless for at least 10 minutes with medical personnel attending to him before being taken from the ice on a stretcher. We’ll continue to monitor the situation as news is provided.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 12
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 29
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11