Oct 8, 2010, 8:31 PM EDT
The Thrashers have updated goalie Ondrej Pavelec’s situation in Atlanta. Pavelec collapsed during a break in play 2:25 into the first period of play against the Washington Capitals. Ben Wright from the Atlanta Thrashers provides this update on his condition.
Official word: Pavelec lost consciousness and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. No other info yet.
Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution did report some good news.
I’m told Pavelec regained consciousness.
Pavelec laid on the ice motionless for at least 10 minutes with medical personnel attending to him before being taken from the ice on a stretcher. We’ll continue to monitor the situation as news is provided.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20