Oct 8, 2010, 8:31 PM EDT
The Thrashers have updated goalie Ondrej Pavelec’s situation in Atlanta. Pavelec collapsed during a break in play 2:25 into the first period of play against the Washington Capitals. Ben Wright from the Atlanta Thrashers provides this update on his condition.
Official word: Pavelec lost consciousness and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. No other info yet.
Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution did report some good news.
I’m told Pavelec regained consciousness.
Pavelec laid on the ice motionless for at least 10 minutes with medical personnel attending to him before being taken from the ice on a stretcher. We’ll continue to monitor the situation as news is provided.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50