Oct 8, 2010, 8:31 PM EDT
The Thrashers have updated goalie Ondrej Pavelec’s situation in Atlanta. Pavelec collapsed during a break in play 2:25 into the first period of play against the Washington Capitals. Ben Wright from the Atlanta Thrashers provides this update on his condition.
Official word: Pavelec lost consciousness and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. No other info yet.
Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution did report some good news.
I’m told Pavelec regained consciousness.
Pavelec laid on the ice motionless for at least 10 minutes with medical personnel attending to him before being taken from the ice on a stretcher. We’ll continue to monitor the situation as news is provided.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18