Oct 8, 2010, 8:31 PM EST
The Thrashers have updated goalie Ondrej Pavelec’s situation in Atlanta. Pavelec collapsed during a break in play 2:25 into the first period of play against the Washington Capitals. Ben Wright from the Atlanta Thrashers provides this update on his condition.
Official word: Pavelec lost consciousness and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. No other info yet.
Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution did report some good news.
I’m told Pavelec regained consciousness.
Pavelec laid on the ice motionless for at least 10 minutes with medical personnel attending to him before being taken from the ice on a stretcher. We’ll continue to monitor the situation as news is provided.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)