Oct 8, 2010, 7:55 PM EDT
Thrashers starting goalie Ondrej Pavelec was taken from the ice in Atlanta on a stretcher after passing out during the middle of play in their home opener against the Washington Capitals.
Pavelec collapsed on the ice during a break in play just 2:25 into the first period. Pavelec was seen on video signaling to the Thrashers bench before collapsing to the ice. Pavelec laid on the ice motionless for ten minutes being tended to medical personnel before being taken away on a stretcher.
We’re not going to speculate on anything happening here but we’ll just say that it looked scary to see.
Update: Here’s video of what happened.
We’ll update his condition further as news comes along.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)