Oct 8, 2010, 7:55 PM EST
Thrashers starting goalie Ondrej Pavelec was taken from the ice in Atlanta on a stretcher after passing out during the middle of play in their home opener against the Washington Capitals.
Pavelec collapsed on the ice during a break in play just 2:25 into the first period. Pavelec was seen on video signaling to the Thrashers bench before collapsing to the ice. Pavelec laid on the ice motionless for ten minutes being tended to medical personnel before being taken away on a stretcher.
We’re not going to speculate on anything happening here but we’ll just say that it looked scary to see.
Update: Here’s video of what happened.
We’ll update his condition further as news comes along.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 13
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33