Oct 8, 2010, 7:55 PM EDT
Thrashers starting goalie Ondrej Pavelec was taken from the ice in Atlanta on a stretcher after passing out during the middle of play in their home opener against the Washington Capitals.
Pavelec collapsed on the ice during a break in play just 2:25 into the first period. Pavelec was seen on video signaling to the Thrashers bench before collapsing to the ice. Pavelec laid on the ice motionless for ten minutes being tended to medical personnel before being taken away on a stretcher.
We’re not going to speculate on anything happening here but we’ll just say that it looked scary to see.
Update: Here’s video of what happened.
We’ll update his condition further as news comes along.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)