Oct 8, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
The Thrashers have provided another update on goalie Ondrej Pavelec who was taken to an Atlanta hospital after collapsing unconscious on the ice early in tonight’s game. The update from Atlanta, thankfully, is positive.
Preliminary tests were negative. He’s awake and alert at the hospital and asking about the score of the game, but will be kept overnight for observation.
It’s great news to hear that Pavelec is doing well and recovering after such a scary incident on the ice. Chris Mason relieved Pavelec in the game and helped lead the way to earn a 4-2 win for Atlanta over Washington.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'