Oct 8, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
The Thrashers have provided another update on goalie Ondrej Pavelec who was taken to an Atlanta hospital after collapsing unconscious on the ice early in tonight’s game. The update from Atlanta, thankfully, is positive.
Preliminary tests were negative. He’s awake and alert at the hospital and asking about the score of the game, but will be kept overnight for observation.
It’s great news to hear that Pavelec is doing well and recovering after such a scary incident on the ice. Chris Mason relieved Pavelec in the game and helped lead the way to earn a 4-2 win for Atlanta over Washington.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22