Oct 8, 2010, 10:59 PM EST
The Thrashers have provided another update on goalie Ondrej Pavelec who was taken to an Atlanta hospital after collapsing unconscious on the ice early in tonight’s game. The update from Atlanta, thankfully, is positive.
Preliminary tests were negative. He’s awake and alert at the hospital and asking about the score of the game, but will be kept overnight for observation.
It’s great news to hear that Pavelec is doing well and recovering after such a scary incident on the ice. Chris Mason relieved Pavelec in the game and helped lead the way to earn a 4-2 win for Atlanta over Washington.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 8
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 17
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5