Oct 8, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
The Thrashers have provided another update on goalie Ondrej Pavelec who was taken to an Atlanta hospital after collapsing unconscious on the ice early in tonight’s game. The update from Atlanta, thankfully, is positive.
Preliminary tests were negative. He’s awake and alert at the hospital and asking about the score of the game, but will be kept overnight for observation.
It’s great news to hear that Pavelec is doing well and recovering after such a scary incident on the ice. Chris Mason relieved Pavelec in the game and helped lead the way to earn a 4-2 win for Atlanta over Washington.
- In praise of John Tavares 3
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 12
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31