Oct 8, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
The Thrashers have provided another update on goalie Ondrej Pavelec who was taken to an Atlanta hospital after collapsing unconscious on the ice early in tonight’s game. The update from Atlanta, thankfully, is positive.
Preliminary tests were negative. He’s awake and alert at the hospital and asking about the score of the game, but will be kept overnight for observation.
It’s great news to hear that Pavelec is doing well and recovering after such a scary incident on the ice. Chris Mason relieved Pavelec in the game and helped lead the way to earn a 4-2 win for Atlanta over Washington.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 3
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 7
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)