Oct 8, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Consider the story book start written in Detroit. Michigan native Mike Modano making his season debut with the Detroit Red Wings playing at home in in Michigan scored a goal assisted by Dan Cleary and Brad Stuart to give Detroit a 2-0 lead on Anaheim in the first period.
Modano played for 20 seasons in the Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars organization scoring 557 goals as a Star. Getting goal #1 as a Red Wing back home in Michigan certainly will be special for Modano and bittersweet for Stars fans.
Update: And now, with video!
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)