Oct 8, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Consider the story book start written in Detroit. Michigan native Mike Modano making his season debut with the Detroit Red Wings playing at home in in Michigan scored a goal assisted by Dan Cleary and Brad Stuart to give Detroit a 2-0 lead on Anaheim in the first period.
Modano played for 20 seasons in the Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars organization scoring 557 goals as a Star. Getting goal #1 as a Red Wing back home in Michigan certainly will be special for Modano and bittersweet for Stars fans.
Update: And now, with video!
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 19
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 17
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 17
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 13
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 30
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)