Oct 8, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Consider the story book start written in Detroit. Michigan native Mike Modano making his season debut with the Detroit Red Wings playing at home in in Michigan scored a goal assisted by Dan Cleary and Brad Stuart to give Detroit a 2-0 lead on Anaheim in the first period.
Modano played for 20 seasons in the Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars organization scoring 557 goals as a Star. Getting goal #1 as a Red Wing back home in Michigan certainly will be special for Modano and bittersweet for Stars fans.
Update: And now, with video!
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)