Oct 8, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Consider the story book start written in Detroit. Michigan native Mike Modano making his season debut with the Detroit Red Wings playing at home in in Michigan scored a goal assisted by Dan Cleary and Brad Stuart to give Detroit a 2-0 lead on Anaheim in the first period.
Modano played for 20 seasons in the Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars organization scoring 557 goals as a Star. Getting goal #1 as a Red Wing back home in Michigan certainly will be special for Modano and bittersweet for Stars fans.
Update: And now, with video!
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)