Oct 7, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be an official hockey day without the Panthers and Canucks swinging a trade.
Earlier in the off-season, the Panthers and Canucks got together on the deal that sent Keith Ballard to Vancouver in exchange for Michael Grabner and Steve Bernier. Yesterday, the teams got together to swing a deal exchanging enforcers with the Panthers getting Darcy Hordichuk from Vancouver in exchange for Andrew Peters.
Today, the Canucks add another depth defenseman in Nathan Paetsch. In return, the Panthers get 23 year-old minor league defenseman Sean Zimmerman.
Paetsch was put on waivers by the Panthers and was likely on his way to Rochester. Now, he’s probably on his way to Winnipeg, Manitoba instead to join the Canucks AHL team there. Zimmerman was unremarkable in training camp with Vancouver and will now get another chance to do something with the Rochester Americans, the Panthers farm team in the AHL.
With this being the third trade Canucks GM Mike Gillis and Panthers GM Dale Tallon have pulled off, you have to wonder if they’ve just got their own version of the Bat Phone set up in order to help each other out with transactions. Then again, maybe it’s all making amends for Pavel Bure being traded to Florida from Vancouver years ago.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)