Oct 7, 2010, 5:29 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be an official hockey day without the Panthers and Canucks swinging a trade.
Earlier in the off-season, the Panthers and Canucks got together on the deal that sent Keith Ballard to Vancouver in exchange for Michael Grabner and Steve Bernier. Yesterday, the teams got together to swing a deal exchanging enforcers with the Panthers getting Darcy Hordichuk from Vancouver in exchange for Andrew Peters.
Today, the Canucks add another depth defenseman in Nathan Paetsch. In return, the Panthers get 23 year-old minor league defenseman Sean Zimmerman.
Paetsch was put on waivers by the Panthers and was likely on his way to Rochester. Now, he’s probably on his way to Winnipeg, Manitoba instead to join the Canucks AHL team there. Zimmerman was unremarkable in training camp with Vancouver and will now get another chance to do something with the Rochester Americans, the Panthers farm team in the AHL.
With this being the third trade Canucks GM Mike Gillis and Panthers GM Dale Tallon have pulled off, you have to wonder if they’ve just got their own version of the Bat Phone set up in order to help each other out with transactions. Then again, maybe it’s all making amends for Pavel Bure being traded to Florida from Vancouver years ago.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5