Oct 7, 2010, 12:55 PM EST
The beginning of the Ottawa Senators season may be off to a bumpy start. Sens star forward Jason Spezza left practice yesterday with a groin injury and didn’t skate with the team today. His status is in doubt for tomorrow night’s season opener in Ottawa against the Buffalo Sabres.
Spezza had a rocky off-season with the Senators after dealing with his own hurt feelings as well as trade suspicion. All of that has been put aside, but getting his season started off like this certainly won’t do much to keep the hometown fans pleased or quiet.
If Spezza can’t start, Danish center Peter Regin could get the call to be the pivot on that line with Daniel Alfredsson and Milan Michalek. Mike Fisher would likely stay on the second line with Alex Kovalev and Nick Foligno to give the Senators a more balanced attack.
(Photo: Greg Fiume – Getty Images)
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)