Oct 7, 2010, 12:55 PM EST
The beginning of the Ottawa Senators season may be off to a bumpy start. Sens star forward Jason Spezza left practice yesterday with a groin injury and didn’t skate with the team today. His status is in doubt for tomorrow night’s season opener in Ottawa against the Buffalo Sabres.
Spezza had a rocky off-season with the Senators after dealing with his own hurt feelings as well as trade suspicion. All of that has been put aside, but getting his season started off like this certainly won’t do much to keep the hometown fans pleased or quiet.
If Spezza can’t start, Danish center Peter Regin could get the call to be the pivot on that line with Daniel Alfredsson and Milan Michalek. Mike Fisher would likely stay on the second line with Alex Kovalev and Nick Foligno to give the Senators a more balanced attack.
(Photo: Greg Fiume – Getty Images)
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)