Oct 6, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Sometimes no news is good news. Today’s non-news is probably good for teams and half-good for players, as everyone demoted to the minors yesterday will remain with those organizations at that level.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that no one placed on waivers yesterday was claimed today while the Toronto Maple Leafs put Matt Lashoff and the Florida Panthers put Nathan Paetsch on waivers this Wednesday.
All players who were on waivers yesterday have cleared. Toronto puts Lashoff on waivers; Fla puts Paetsch on waivers. That is all. Quiet day
Today is the deadline for NHL teams to get under the salary cap, so there still might be some interesting developments. We’ll keep you informed as news breaks as teams slip under the maximum level.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5