Oct 6, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Sometimes no news is good news. Today’s non-news is probably good for teams and half-good for players, as everyone demoted to the minors yesterday will remain with those organizations at that level.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that no one placed on waivers yesterday was claimed today while the Toronto Maple Leafs put Matt Lashoff and the Florida Panthers put Nathan Paetsch on waivers this Wednesday.
All players who were on waivers yesterday have cleared. Toronto puts Lashoff on waivers; Fla puts Paetsch on waivers. That is all. Quiet day
Today is the deadline for NHL teams to get under the salary cap, so there still might be some interesting developments. We’ll keep you informed as news breaks as teams slip under the maximum level.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)