Oct 6, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Sometimes no news is good news. Today’s non-news is probably good for teams and half-good for players, as everyone demoted to the minors yesterday will remain with those organizations at that level.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that no one placed on waivers yesterday was claimed today while the Toronto Maple Leafs put Matt Lashoff and the Florida Panthers put Nathan Paetsch on waivers this Wednesday.
All players who were on waivers yesterday have cleared. Toronto puts Lashoff on waivers; Fla puts Paetsch on waivers. That is all. Quiet day
Today is the deadline for NHL teams to get under the salary cap, so there still might be some interesting developments. We’ll keep you informed as news breaks as teams slip under the maximum level.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)