Oct 6, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Sometimes no news is good news. Today’s non-news is probably good for teams and half-good for players, as everyone demoted to the minors yesterday will remain with those organizations at that level.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that no one placed on waivers yesterday was claimed today while the Toronto Maple Leafs put Matt Lashoff and the Florida Panthers put Nathan Paetsch on waivers this Wednesday.
All players who were on waivers yesterday have cleared. Toronto puts Lashoff on waivers; Fla puts Paetsch on waivers. That is all. Quiet day
Today is the deadline for NHL teams to get under the salary cap, so there still might be some interesting developments. We’ll keep you informed as news breaks as teams slip under the maximum level.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)