Oct 6, 2010, 3:20 PM EST
A day after shipping defenseman Shane O’Brien to Nashville for Ryan Parent, the Vancouver Canucks continued their low-level shuffling by trading well-liked grinder Darcy Hordichuk to the Florida Panthers for Andrew Peters, according to TSN.
The Vancouver Canucks have traded forward Darcy Hordichuk to the Florida Panthers in exchange for winger Andrew Peters, TSN has confirmed.
Peters, a six-foot-four 247-pound left winger left winger, has 229 NHL games on his resume. The 30-year-old played 29 games last season for the New Jersey Devils, registering no points and 93 penalty minutes.
Hordichuk, who lost his fourth line job with the Canucks, had been waived by the team on Saturday and Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis said he would try to find a new NHL home for him. Hordichuk was to make $800,000 this season, a $775,000 cap hit.
The Canucks are a sexy Stanley Cup pick going into the 2010-11 season, so perhaps it’s not surprising that their talented roster is pushing out popular but limited players like Hordichuk. Considering Peters’ stats, he’s not going to skate many regular shifts with Vancouver and would clearly be thrown out there simply to fight or play a rugged role.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 46
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 41
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 13
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (157)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)