Oct 6, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
A day after shipping defenseman Shane O’Brien to Nashville for Ryan Parent, the Vancouver Canucks continued their low-level shuffling by trading well-liked grinder Darcy Hordichuk to the Florida Panthers for Andrew Peters, according to TSN.
The Vancouver Canucks have traded forward Darcy Hordichuk to the Florida Panthers in exchange for winger Andrew Peters, TSN has confirmed.
Peters, a six-foot-four 247-pound left winger left winger, has 229 NHL games on his resume. The 30-year-old played 29 games last season for the New Jersey Devils, registering no points and 93 penalty minutes.
Hordichuk, who lost his fourth line job with the Canucks, had been waived by the team on Saturday and Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis said he would try to find a new NHL home for him. Hordichuk was to make $800,000 this season, a $775,000 cap hit.
The Canucks are a sexy Stanley Cup pick going into the 2010-11 season, so perhaps it’s not surprising that their talented roster is pushing out popular but limited players like Hordichuk. Considering Peters’ stats, he’s not going to skate many regular shifts with Vancouver and would clearly be thrown out there simply to fight or play a rugged role.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 15
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 11
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 26
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 56
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)