Oct 6, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
While the season won’t actually start until Thursday, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Roman Hamrlik and Andrei Markov back to practice – Good news for the Montreal Canadiens, though both might take some time to get back to 100 percent.
Andreas Lilja won’t catch on with San Jose, might need to go overseas – Obviously he must regret passing up on that $1 million deal with Detroit.
Vancouver trades Shane O’Brien to Nashville for Ryan Parent – The Predators love to trade Ryan Parent. It’s a fact.
Waiver moves: Islanders nab Michael Grabner, etc. – Grabner might get a chance to catch on at Long Island. He should because the window is closing on his NHL career.
Rangers rookie Derek Stepan hopes to stick with Rangers – If he can stick with any roster, the Rangers would be it considering how weak they are at the center position right now.
Maple Leafs name alternate captains, Tomas Kaberle is not one of them – Aww, sorry Tomas.
Devils may start the season with only 20 players for salary cap reasons – See, Darryl Sutter, you’re not all alone in salary cap desperation …
Thrashers sign first rounder Alex Burmistrov – This gives him a chance to make the team going into the season.
Patrice Bergeron and Antoine Vermette lead their teams in international competition – Bergeron had an especially great game, scoring two goals and adding three assists.
Florida Panthers and Erik Gudbranson fall short of an entry-level deal – Kind of surprised they couldn’t reach a deal with a rookie maximum salary in place.
Alex Pietrangelo, Tyson Strachan make the St. Louis Blues – Pietrangelo in particular could be an impact player in the NHL at some point in the future.
Linus Omark is not pleased about not making the Oilers – What, so he didn’t grow up dreaming about playing minor league hockey in Oklahoma? Weirdo.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)