Oct 6, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
While the season won’t actually start until Thursday, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Roman Hamrlik and Andrei Markov back to practice – Good news for the Montreal Canadiens, though both might take some time to get back to 100 percent.
Andreas Lilja won’t catch on with San Jose, might need to go overseas – Obviously he must regret passing up on that $1 million deal with Detroit.
Vancouver trades Shane O’Brien to Nashville for Ryan Parent – The Predators love to trade Ryan Parent. It’s a fact.
Waiver moves: Islanders nab Michael Grabner, etc. – Grabner might get a chance to catch on at Long Island. He should because the window is closing on his NHL career.
Rangers rookie Derek Stepan hopes to stick with Rangers – If he can stick with any roster, the Rangers would be it considering how weak they are at the center position right now.
Maple Leafs name alternate captains, Tomas Kaberle is not one of them – Aww, sorry Tomas.
Devils may start the season with only 20 players for salary cap reasons – See, Darryl Sutter, you’re not all alone in salary cap desperation …
Thrashers sign first rounder Alex Burmistrov – This gives him a chance to make the team going into the season.
Patrice Bergeron and Antoine Vermette lead their teams in international competition – Bergeron had an especially great game, scoring two goals and adding three assists.
Florida Panthers and Erik Gudbranson fall short of an entry-level deal – Kind of surprised they couldn’t reach a deal with a rookie maximum salary in place.
Alex Pietrangelo, Tyson Strachan make the St. Louis Blues – Pietrangelo in particular could be an impact player in the NHL at some point in the future.
Linus Omark is not pleased about not making the Oilers – What, so he didn’t grow up dreaming about playing minor league hockey in Oklahoma? Weirdo.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)