Oct 6, 2010, 1:00 AM EST
While the season won’t actually start until Thursday, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Roman Hamrlik and Andrei Markov back to practice – Good news for the Montreal Canadiens, though both might take some time to get back to 100 percent.
Andreas Lilja won’t catch on with San Jose, might need to go overseas – Obviously he must regret passing up on that $1 million deal with Detroit.
Vancouver trades Shane O’Brien to Nashville for Ryan Parent – The Predators love to trade Ryan Parent. It’s a fact.
Waiver moves: Islanders nab Michael Grabner, etc. – Grabner might get a chance to catch on at Long Island. He should because the window is closing on his NHL career.
Rangers rookie Derek Stepan hopes to stick with Rangers – If he can stick with any roster, the Rangers would be it considering how weak they are at the center position right now.
Maple Leafs name alternate captains, Tomas Kaberle is not one of them – Aww, sorry Tomas.
Devils may start the season with only 20 players for salary cap reasons – See, Darryl Sutter, you’re not all alone in salary cap desperation …
Thrashers sign first rounder Alex Burmistrov – This gives him a chance to make the team going into the season.
Patrice Bergeron and Antoine Vermette lead their teams in international competition – Bergeron had an especially great game, scoring two goals and adding three assists.
Florida Panthers and Erik Gudbranson fall short of an entry-level deal – Kind of surprised they couldn’t reach a deal with a rookie maximum salary in place.
Alex Pietrangelo, Tyson Strachan make the St. Louis Blues – Pietrangelo in particular could be an impact player in the NHL at some point in the future.
Linus Omark is not pleased about not making the Oilers – What, so he didn’t grow up dreaming about playing minor league hockey in Oklahoma? Weirdo.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 25
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)