Oct 6, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
While the season won’t actually start until Thursday, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Roman Hamrlik and Andrei Markov back to practice – Good news for the Montreal Canadiens, though both might take some time to get back to 100 percent.
Andreas Lilja won’t catch on with San Jose, might need to go overseas – Obviously he must regret passing up on that $1 million deal with Detroit.
Vancouver trades Shane O’Brien to Nashville for Ryan Parent – The Predators love to trade Ryan Parent. It’s a fact.
Waiver moves: Islanders nab Michael Grabner, etc. – Grabner might get a chance to catch on at Long Island. He should because the window is closing on his NHL career.
Rangers rookie Derek Stepan hopes to stick with Rangers – If he can stick with any roster, the Rangers would be it considering how weak they are at the center position right now.
Maple Leafs name alternate captains, Tomas Kaberle is not one of them – Aww, sorry Tomas.
Devils may start the season with only 20 players for salary cap reasons – See, Darryl Sutter, you’re not all alone in salary cap desperation …
Thrashers sign first rounder Alex Burmistrov – This gives him a chance to make the team going into the season.
Patrice Bergeron and Antoine Vermette lead their teams in international competition – Bergeron had an especially great game, scoring two goals and adding three assists.
Florida Panthers and Erik Gudbranson fall short of an entry-level deal – Kind of surprised they couldn’t reach a deal with a rookie maximum salary in place.
Alex Pietrangelo, Tyson Strachan make the St. Louis Blues – Pietrangelo in particular could be an impact player in the NHL at some point in the future.
Linus Omark is not pleased about not making the Oilers – What, so he didn’t grow up dreaming about playing minor league hockey in Oklahoma? Weirdo.
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 4
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 28
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 45
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (104)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)