Oct 6, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
Keeping with their tradition of offering a “free preview” of the service for last few years, the NHL Center Ice package will be available for free from October 7-24 according to the NHL.
From Oct. 7-24, fans will be able to watch up to 40 out-of-market games per week, as well as see the numerous innovations that are part of the 14-channel package.
Among the features are a multi-screen mosaic, featuring all the current action, with score and clock, available on the first channel of the package. There also will be a stats channel, and when possible dual feeds, featuring home and road broadcasts of the same game on separate channels. The package also will offer up to 12 games per week in high definition.
Participating cable companies are: Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Bright House Networks, Cablevision Systems, Bresnan Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent and Verizon FiOS, plus a number of independent affiliates.
If you enjoy the fancy Center Ice package, you’ll have a week after the free preview to jump on the “early bird” special. Here’s how the deal works before and after the special early price.
Purchase Center Ice by October 31: Four payments of $42.95, with a $171.90 overall charge.
Purchase Center Ice after October 31 (not including other offers, like their usual end of the season deal): Four payments of $44.95 for a grand total of $179.90.
Either way, it’s an expensive deal unless you rationalize the fact that a few tickets to an NHL game might go beyond $180 pretty quickly. (Want more discussion regarding how worthwhile the package is? Click here.)
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)