Oct 6, 2010, 4:10 PM EST
Keeping with their tradition of offering a “free preview” of the service for last few years, the NHL Center Ice package will be available for free from October 7-24 according to the NHL.
From Oct. 7-24, fans will be able to watch up to 40 out-of-market games per week, as well as see the numerous innovations that are part of the 14-channel package.
Among the features are a multi-screen mosaic, featuring all the current action, with score and clock, available on the first channel of the package. There also will be a stats channel, and when possible dual feeds, featuring home and road broadcasts of the same game on separate channels. The package also will offer up to 12 games per week in high definition.
Participating cable companies are: Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Bright House Networks, Cablevision Systems, Bresnan Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent and Verizon FiOS, plus a number of independent affiliates.
If you enjoy the fancy Center Ice package, you’ll have a week after the free preview to jump on the “early bird” special. Here’s how the deal works before and after the special early price.
Purchase Center Ice by October 31: Four payments of $42.95, with a $171.90 overall charge.
Purchase Center Ice after October 31 (not including other offers, like their usual end of the season deal): Four payments of $44.95 for a grand total of $179.90.
Either way, it’s an expensive deal unless you rationalize the fact that a few tickets to an NHL game might go beyond $180 pretty quickly. (Want more discussion regarding how worthwhile the package is? Click here.)
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32