Oct 6, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
Keeping with their tradition of offering a “free preview” of the service for last few years, the NHL Center Ice package will be available for free from October 7-24 according to the NHL.
From Oct. 7-24, fans will be able to watch up to 40 out-of-market games per week, as well as see the numerous innovations that are part of the 14-channel package.
Among the features are a multi-screen mosaic, featuring all the current action, with score and clock, available on the first channel of the package. There also will be a stats channel, and when possible dual feeds, featuring home and road broadcasts of the same game on separate channels. The package also will offer up to 12 games per week in high definition.
Participating cable companies are: Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Bright House Networks, Cablevision Systems, Bresnan Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent and Verizon FiOS, plus a number of independent affiliates.
If you enjoy the fancy Center Ice package, you’ll have a week after the free preview to jump on the “early bird” special. Here’s how the deal works before and after the special early price.
Purchase Center Ice by October 31: Four payments of $42.95, with a $171.90 overall charge.
Purchase Center Ice after October 31 (not including other offers, like their usual end of the season deal): Four payments of $44.95 for a grand total of $179.90.
Either way, it’s an expensive deal unless you rationalize the fact that a few tickets to an NHL game might go beyond $180 pretty quickly. (Want more discussion regarding how worthwhile the package is? Click here.)
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 3
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)