Oct 6, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes played the last of the NHL’s exhibition games against foreign hockey clubs today, so let’s take a look at the results from that game.
Plus: The Coyotes’ all-Czech line delivered in this one, as Petr Prucha scored a game winning power-play goal in the second period while skating alongside Martin Hanzal and Radim Vrbata. The Coyotes played against two goalies (and also played two goalies of their own) in this one, including former goalie Mikael Tellqvist. Taylor Pyatt and Lee Stempniak also scored goals for the Coyotes. Ilya Bryzgalov didn’t allow a goal in the 30 minutes he played.
Minus: There weren’t any obvious minuses to this one, as it seemed like the crowd was into the game and the Coyotes built up their confidence going into the regular season.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)