Oct 6, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes played the last of the NHL’s exhibition games against foreign hockey clubs today, so let’s take a look at the results from that game.
Plus: The Coyotes’ all-Czech line delivered in this one, as Petr Prucha scored a game winning power-play goal in the second period while skating alongside Martin Hanzal and Radim Vrbata. The Coyotes played against two goalies (and also played two goalies of their own) in this one, including former goalie Mikael Tellqvist. Taylor Pyatt and Lee Stempniak also scored goals for the Coyotes. Ilya Bryzgalov didn’t allow a goal in the 30 minutes he played.
Minus: There weren’t any obvious minuses to this one, as it seemed like the crowd was into the game and the Coyotes built up their confidence going into the regular season.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)