Oct 6, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes played the last of the NHL’s exhibition games against foreign hockey clubs today, so let’s take a look at the results from that game.
Plus: The Coyotes’ all-Czech line delivered in this one, as Petr Prucha scored a game winning power-play goal in the second period while skating alongside Martin Hanzal and Radim Vrbata. The Coyotes played against two goalies (and also played two goalies of their own) in this one, including former goalie Mikael Tellqvist. Taylor Pyatt and Lee Stempniak also scored goals for the Coyotes. Ilya Bryzgalov didn’t allow a goal in the 30 minutes he played.
Minus: There weren’t any obvious minuses to this one, as it seemed like the crowd was into the game and the Coyotes built up their confidence going into the regular season.
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 0
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 69
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 63
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)