Oct 5, 2010, 12:52 AM EDT
If you’re curious as to what the odds makers in Las Vegas have to say about the upcoming NHL season, fear not because online gambling site bodog.com has come up with their odds on who they think will win the Stanley Cup this year. If you’re ready to know what you can set your wagers for (for entertainment purposes, of course) with your friends, dial in because here they are.You’ll find odds for everything between winning the conference, division or the Stanley Cup here so depending on how bad you want to toss away your money, you can figure that out there.
As for the top five favorites to win it all, the team at the top might surprise you.
Chicago Blackhawks 6/1
Washington Capitals 13/2
Pittsburgh Penguins 7/1
Vancouver Canucks 8/1
Detroit Red Wings 11/1
Yes, the Blackhawks are the favorites to win the Stanley Cup once again, at least so says the gambling pool. Apparently they’re not scared off by all the off-season turnover. Gutsy. As for the long shots, the five teams with the longest odds of winning it all are rather predictable themselves.
New York Islanders 100/1
Columbus Blue Jackets 100/1
Minnesota Wild 80/1
Florida Panthers 80/1
Atlanta Thrashers 80/1
Interesting to see that a team getting some positive news generated out of training camp and the off-season in Atlanta getting buried at 80/1. I’m not saying I’d lay my own fake Internet money down on them, but I’d sure be curious to take a haphazard flier on them. Hey why not, it’s fake money after all, right? Ahem.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (54)