Oct 5, 2010, 12:52 AM EDT
If you’re curious as to what the odds makers in Las Vegas have to say about the upcoming NHL season, fear not because online gambling site bodog.com has come up with their odds on who they think will win the Stanley Cup this year. If you’re ready to know what you can set your wagers for (for entertainment purposes, of course) with your friends, dial in because here they are.You’ll find odds for everything between winning the conference, division or the Stanley Cup here so depending on how bad you want to toss away your money, you can figure that out there.
As for the top five favorites to win it all, the team at the top might surprise you.
Chicago Blackhawks 6/1
Washington Capitals 13/2
Pittsburgh Penguins 7/1
Vancouver Canucks 8/1
Detroit Red Wings 11/1
Yes, the Blackhawks are the favorites to win the Stanley Cup once again, at least so says the gambling pool. Apparently they’re not scared off by all the off-season turnover. Gutsy. As for the long shots, the five teams with the longest odds of winning it all are rather predictable themselves.
New York Islanders 100/1
Columbus Blue Jackets 100/1
Minnesota Wild 80/1
Florida Panthers 80/1
Atlanta Thrashers 80/1
Interesting to see that a team getting some positive news generated out of training camp and the off-season in Atlanta getting buried at 80/1. I’m not saying I’d lay my own fake Internet money down on them, but I’d sure be curious to take a haphazard flier on them. Hey why not, it’s fake money after all, right? Ahem.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31