Oct 5, 2010, 12:52 AM EDT
If you’re curious as to what the odds makers in Las Vegas have to say about the upcoming NHL season, fear not because online gambling site bodog.com has come up with their odds on who they think will win the Stanley Cup this year. If you’re ready to know what you can set your wagers for (for entertainment purposes, of course) with your friends, dial in because here they are.You’ll find odds for everything between winning the conference, division or the Stanley Cup here so depending on how bad you want to toss away your money, you can figure that out there.
As for the top five favorites to win it all, the team at the top might surprise you.
Chicago Blackhawks 6/1
Washington Capitals 13/2
Pittsburgh Penguins 7/1
Vancouver Canucks 8/1
Detroit Red Wings 11/1
Yes, the Blackhawks are the favorites to win the Stanley Cup once again, at least so says the gambling pool. Apparently they’re not scared off by all the off-season turnover. Gutsy. As for the long shots, the five teams with the longest odds of winning it all are rather predictable themselves.
New York Islanders 100/1
Columbus Blue Jackets 100/1
Minnesota Wild 80/1
Florida Panthers 80/1
Atlanta Thrashers 80/1
Interesting to see that a team getting some positive news generated out of training camp and the off-season in Atlanta getting buried at 80/1. I’m not saying I’d lay my own fake Internet money down on them, but I’d sure be curious to take a haphazard flier on them. Hey why not, it’s fake money after all, right? Ahem.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)