Oct 4, 2010, 2:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Did Michael Cammalleri have just cause to go after Nino Niederreiter – Either way, he didn’t exactly endear himself to anyone.
Brendan Morrison won’t catch on with the Canucks – Sorry, but Morrison doesn’t do anything well enough to justify an NHL job anymore.
Derek Boogaard might face discipline for spearing Chris Neil in the groin – Even if that’s a pretty normal reaction to dealing with Neil.
Florida Panthers waive Michael Grabner – Considering their lack of forward depth, that cannot be a good sign for Grabner’s career.
Who replaces Brian Campbell in Blackhawks lineup? – This is one of those times when they’ll miss Dustin Byuglien or Brent Sopel, even if they’re not perfect substitutes either.
Kyle Wellwood heads to the KHL – And takes fat jokes with him.
Mike Comrie faces a lawsuit for missing car payments – Maybe he can borrow some money from Hillary Duff’s Disney funds?
Dainius Zubrus or Colin White might be Devils salary cap casualties – What happened to Wade Reddening Brian Rolston?
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)