Oct 4, 2010, 2:00 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Did Michael Cammalleri have just cause to go after Nino Niederreiter – Either way, he didn’t exactly endear himself to anyone.
Brendan Morrison won’t catch on with the Canucks – Sorry, but Morrison doesn’t do anything well enough to justify an NHL job anymore.
Derek Boogaard might face discipline for spearing Chris Neil in the groin – Even if that’s a pretty normal reaction to dealing with Neil.
Florida Panthers waive Michael Grabner – Considering their lack of forward depth, that cannot be a good sign for Grabner’s career.
Who replaces Brian Campbell in Blackhawks lineup? – This is one of those times when they’ll miss Dustin Byuglien or Brent Sopel, even if they’re not perfect substitutes either.
Kyle Wellwood heads to the KHL – And takes fat jokes with him.
Mike Comrie faces a lawsuit for missing car payments – Maybe he can borrow some money from Hillary Duff’s Disney funds?
Dainius Zubrus or Colin White might be Devils salary cap casualties – What happened to Wade Reddening Brian Rolston?
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)