Oct 4, 2010, 1:10 AM EDT
We already covered the two early games today, but let’s glance at the four remaining games in smarmy plus/minus form.
Plus: The Sabres scored nine goals and eight of them came in a row after Philadelphia took a 2-0 lead. Drew Stafford put up one goal and three assists, Derek Roy scored two goals and one assist and Jason Pominville had one goal and two assists. Tyler Ennis, Tyler Myers and Jochen Hecht put together one goal, one assist games. Ryan Miller finished the preseason with a 3-1 record.
Minus: Johan Backlund is no Sergei Bobrovsky, allowing seven goals in a little more than 30 minutes of service. The Sabres had almost as many goals (five) as the Flyers had shots (six) in a 5-0 second period for Buffalo.
Plus: I just realized the St. Louis Blues have the market cornered on players with initials. T.J. Oshie didn’t play in this game, but both T.J. Hensick and B.J. Crombeen scored for St. Louis. Tomas Kopecky and Jonathan Toews each scored a goal and an assist.
Minus: The Blues put up more shots in the first period (12) than the rest of the game (seven in the second and four in the third).
Plus: Teemu Selanne is still dangerous on the power play after all these years, scoring a PPG in overtime to win this one for the Ducks. Jonas Hiller was the real start of this game, though.
Minus: The Kings put 43 shots on Hiller while the Ducks only managed 21 shots, yet the Ducks won. Not a great sign for Jonathan Quick.
Plus: Miikka Kiprusoff produced that 27-save shutout for the Flames. Kipper went 2-0 in the preseason. Alex Tanguay scored the game’s only goal on the power play.
Minus: Neither team scored an even strength goal in this one.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)