Oct 4, 2010, 1:10 AM EST
We already covered the two early games today, but let’s glance at the four remaining games in smarmy plus/minus form.
Plus: The Sabres scored nine goals and eight of them came in a row after Philadelphia took a 2-0 lead. Drew Stafford put up one goal and three assists, Derek Roy scored two goals and one assist and Jason Pominville had one goal and two assists. Tyler Ennis, Tyler Myers and Jochen Hecht put together one goal, one assist games. Ryan Miller finished the preseason with a 3-1 record.
Minus: Johan Backlund is no Sergei Bobrovsky, allowing seven goals in a little more than 30 minutes of service. The Sabres had almost as many goals (five) as the Flyers had shots (six) in a 5-0 second period for Buffalo.
Plus: I just realized the St. Louis Blues have the market cornered on players with initials. T.J. Oshie didn’t play in this game, but both T.J. Hensick and B.J. Crombeen scored for St. Louis. Tomas Kopecky and Jonathan Toews each scored a goal and an assist.
Minus: The Blues put up more shots in the first period (12) than the rest of the game (seven in the second and four in the third).
Plus: Teemu Selanne is still dangerous on the power play after all these years, scoring a PPG in overtime to win this one for the Ducks. Jonas Hiller was the real start of this game, though.
Minus: The Kings put 43 shots on Hiller while the Ducks only managed 21 shots, yet the Ducks won. Not a great sign for Jonathan Quick.
Plus: Miikka Kiprusoff produced that 27-save shutout for the Flames. Kipper went 2-0 in the preseason. Alex Tanguay scored the game’s only goal on the power play.
Minus: Neither team scored an even strength goal in this one.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16