Oct 4, 2010, 1:10 AM EDT
We already covered the two early games today, but let’s glance at the four remaining games in smarmy plus/minus form.
Plus: The Sabres scored nine goals and eight of them came in a row after Philadelphia took a 2-0 lead. Drew Stafford put up one goal and three assists, Derek Roy scored two goals and one assist and Jason Pominville had one goal and two assists. Tyler Ennis, Tyler Myers and Jochen Hecht put together one goal, one assist games. Ryan Miller finished the preseason with a 3-1 record.
Minus: Johan Backlund is no Sergei Bobrovsky, allowing seven goals in a little more than 30 minutes of service. The Sabres had almost as many goals (five) as the Flyers had shots (six) in a 5-0 second period for Buffalo.
Plus: I just realized the St. Louis Blues have the market cornered on players with initials. T.J. Oshie didn’t play in this game, but both T.J. Hensick and B.J. Crombeen scored for St. Louis. Tomas Kopecky and Jonathan Toews each scored a goal and an assist.
Minus: The Blues put up more shots in the first period (12) than the rest of the game (seven in the second and four in the third).
Plus: Teemu Selanne is still dangerous on the power play after all these years, scoring a PPG in overtime to win this one for the Ducks. Jonas Hiller was the real start of this game, though.
Minus: The Kings put 43 shots on Hiller while the Ducks only managed 21 shots, yet the Ducks won. Not a great sign for Jonathan Quick.
Plus: Miikka Kiprusoff produced that 27-save shutout for the Flames. Kipper went 2-0 in the preseason. Alex Tanguay scored the game’s only goal on the power play.
Minus: Neither team scored an even strength goal in this one.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)