Oct 4, 2010, 1:10 AM EDT
We already covered the two early games today, but let’s glance at the four remaining games in smarmy plus/minus form.
Plus: The Sabres scored nine goals and eight of them came in a row after Philadelphia took a 2-0 lead. Drew Stafford put up one goal and three assists, Derek Roy scored two goals and one assist and Jason Pominville had one goal and two assists. Tyler Ennis, Tyler Myers and Jochen Hecht put together one goal, one assist games. Ryan Miller finished the preseason with a 3-1 record.
Minus: Johan Backlund is no Sergei Bobrovsky, allowing seven goals in a little more than 30 minutes of service. The Sabres had almost as many goals (five) as the Flyers had shots (six) in a 5-0 second period for Buffalo.
Plus: I just realized the St. Louis Blues have the market cornered on players with initials. T.J. Oshie didn’t play in this game, but both T.J. Hensick and B.J. Crombeen scored for St. Louis. Tomas Kopecky and Jonathan Toews each scored a goal and an assist.
Minus: The Blues put up more shots in the first period (12) than the rest of the game (seven in the second and four in the third).
Plus: Teemu Selanne is still dangerous on the power play after all these years, scoring a PPG in overtime to win this one for the Ducks. Jonas Hiller was the real start of this game, though.
Minus: The Kings put 43 shots on Hiller while the Ducks only managed 21 shots, yet the Ducks won. Not a great sign for Jonathan Quick.
Plus: Miikka Kiprusoff produced that 27-save shutout for the Flames. Kipper went 2-0 in the preseason. Alex Tanguay scored the game’s only goal on the power play.
Minus: Neither team scored an even strength goal in this one.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6