Oct 4, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
It seems like in most cases this off-season, veteran skaters seeking NHL contracts through tryouts have been left out in the cold. That was the case with Bill Guerin and Kyle Wellwood, but it looks like former Pittsburgh Penguins forward Ruslan Fedotenko might just stick with the New York Rangers after a strong preseason.
Ruslan Fedotenko has been rewarded for his strong pre-season as he has signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the New York Rangers.
The 31-year old Fedotenko, who had been in Rangers’ camp on a tryout basis, impressed the Rangers’ brass sufficiently by leading the team in scoring during the pre-season with one goal and six assists in five pre-season games. He appears to have found some decent chemistry in camp on the Rangers third line with shift disturber Sean Avery and rookie Derek Stepan.
Fedotenko doesn’t have the highest ceiling, but the Rangers need all the help they can get since both Vaclav Prospal and Chris Drury will probably begin the season on the injured reserve. He won’t make their troubling situation at center go away as a winger, but the team needs all the help they can get.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)