Oct 4, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
It seems like in most cases this off-season, veteran skaters seeking NHL contracts through tryouts have been left out in the cold. That was the case with Bill Guerin and Kyle Wellwood, but it looks like former Pittsburgh Penguins forward Ruslan Fedotenko might just stick with the New York Rangers after a strong preseason.
Ruslan Fedotenko has been rewarded for his strong pre-season as he has signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the New York Rangers.
The 31-year old Fedotenko, who had been in Rangers’ camp on a tryout basis, impressed the Rangers’ brass sufficiently by leading the team in scoring during the pre-season with one goal and six assists in five pre-season games. He appears to have found some decent chemistry in camp on the Rangers third line with shift disturber Sean Avery and rookie Derek Stepan.
Fedotenko doesn’t have the highest ceiling, but the Rangers need all the help they can get since both Vaclav Prospal and Chris Drury will probably begin the season on the injured reserve. He won’t make their troubling situation at center go away as a winger, but the team needs all the help they can get.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)