Oct 4, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
It seems like in most cases this off-season, veteran skaters seeking NHL contracts through tryouts have been left out in the cold. That was the case with Bill Guerin and Kyle Wellwood, but it looks like former Pittsburgh Penguins forward Ruslan Fedotenko might just stick with the New York Rangers after a strong preseason.
Ruslan Fedotenko has been rewarded for his strong pre-season as he has signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the New York Rangers.
The 31-year old Fedotenko, who had been in Rangers’ camp on a tryout basis, impressed the Rangers’ brass sufficiently by leading the team in scoring during the pre-season with one goal and six assists in five pre-season games. He appears to have found some decent chemistry in camp on the Rangers third line with shift disturber Sean Avery and rookie Derek Stepan.
Fedotenko doesn’t have the highest ceiling, but the Rangers need all the help they can get since both Vaclav Prospal and Chris Drury will probably begin the season on the injured reserve. He won’t make their troubling situation at center go away as a winger, but the team needs all the help they can get.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)