Oct 3, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
On Saturday we passed along word that the Phoenix Coyotes decided to let Kyle Wellwood walk from his pro tryout. We also pleaded with people to hold their fat jokes until he signed with a hockey team, whether that team is in Europe or the NHL.
Well, it looks like we can break out those jokes again, though some of us might need to brush up on Russian cuisine. Sportsnet reports that Wellwood signed with the KHL.
Sportsnet has learned veteran centre Kyle Wellwood has signed with Atlant Moscow Oblast (KHL).
It’s believed with bonuses he’ll receive over $1 million playing in Europe.
Congratulations to Wellwood and to anyone who might have felt guilty for making jokes about him while he was jobless.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22