Oct 3, 2010, 7:10 PM EST
On Saturday we passed along word that the Phoenix Coyotes decided to let Kyle Wellwood walk from his pro tryout. We also pleaded with people to hold their fat jokes until he signed with a hockey team, whether that team is in Europe or the NHL.
Well, it looks like we can break out those jokes again, though some of us might need to brush up on Russian cuisine. Sportsnet reports that Wellwood signed with the KHL.
Sportsnet has learned veteran centre Kyle Wellwood has signed with Atlant Moscow Oblast (KHL).
It’s believed with bonuses he’ll receive over $1 million playing in Europe.
Congratulations to Wellwood and to anyone who might have felt guilty for making jokes about him while he was jobless.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 21
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58