Oct 3, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
On Saturday we passed along word that the Phoenix Coyotes decided to let Kyle Wellwood walk from his pro tryout. We also pleaded with people to hold their fat jokes until he signed with a hockey team, whether that team is in Europe or the NHL.
Well, it looks like we can break out those jokes again, though some of us might need to brush up on Russian cuisine. Sportsnet reports that Wellwood signed with the KHL.
Sportsnet has learned veteran centre Kyle Wellwood has signed with Atlant Moscow Oblast (KHL).
It’s believed with bonuses he’ll receive over $1 million playing in Europe.
Congratulations to Wellwood and to anyone who might have felt guilty for making jokes about him while he was jobless.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)