Oct 3, 2010, 7:10 PM EST
On Saturday we passed along word that the Phoenix Coyotes decided to let Kyle Wellwood walk from his pro tryout. We also pleaded with people to hold their fat jokes until he signed with a hockey team, whether that team is in Europe or the NHL.
Well, it looks like we can break out those jokes again, though some of us might need to brush up on Russian cuisine. Sportsnet reports that Wellwood signed with the KHL.
Sportsnet has learned veteran centre Kyle Wellwood has signed with Atlant Moscow Oblast (KHL).
It’s believed with bonuses he’ll receive over $1 million playing in Europe.
Congratulations to Wellwood and to anyone who might have felt guilty for making jokes about him while he was jobless.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54