Oct 3, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
On Saturday we passed along word that the Phoenix Coyotes decided to let Kyle Wellwood walk from his pro tryout. We also pleaded with people to hold their fat jokes until he signed with a hockey team, whether that team is in Europe or the NHL.
Well, it looks like we can break out those jokes again, though some of us might need to brush up on Russian cuisine. Sportsnet reports that Wellwood signed with the KHL.
Sportsnet has learned veteran centre Kyle Wellwood has signed with Atlant Moscow Oblast (KHL).
It’s believed with bonuses he’ll receive over $1 million playing in Europe.
Congratulations to Wellwood and to anyone who might have felt guilty for making jokes about him while he was jobless.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)