Oct 3, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Today presents the last “full” day of preseason games and a couple of those contests started a little earlier than usual. Here are two quick recaps of the first matches.
Plus: Pekka Rinne earned a 22-save shutout. Joel Ward scored two goals while Cal O’Reilly put together one goal and one assist for the Nashville Predators. Michal Neuvirth made 13 out of 13 saves in about 30 minutes of game time.
Minus: The Mighty Capitals were blanked. Dany Sabourin allowed three goals on 15 shots in only 30 minutes. The Washington Capitals fell short of their first perfect preseason ever with that loss.
Plus: Evgeni Malkin scored one goal and added three assists while Mike Comrie scored twice and Zbynek Michalek had two assists for the Penguins. Chris Kunitz and Alex Goligoski also had one goal one one assist in this one. Pavel Datsyuk got in on both of the Red Wings goals, scoring one goal and producing an assist.
Minus: Craig Adams went 4-10 in the faceoff circle. Comrie cannot pay off his debts with exhibition goals.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 1
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 21
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 8
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)