Oct 3, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Today presents the last “full” day of preseason games and a couple of those contests started a little earlier than usual. Here are two quick recaps of the first matches.
Plus: Pekka Rinne earned a 22-save shutout. Joel Ward scored two goals while Cal O’Reilly put together one goal and one assist for the Nashville Predators. Michal Neuvirth made 13 out of 13 saves in about 30 minutes of game time.
Minus: The Mighty Capitals were blanked. Dany Sabourin allowed three goals on 15 shots in only 30 minutes. The Washington Capitals fell short of their first perfect preseason ever with that loss.
Plus: Evgeni Malkin scored one goal and added three assists while Mike Comrie scored twice and Zbynek Michalek had two assists for the Penguins. Chris Kunitz and Alex Goligoski also had one goal one one assist in this one. Pavel Datsyuk got in on both of the Red Wings goals, scoring one goal and producing an assist.
Minus: Craig Adams went 4-10 in the faceoff circle. Comrie cannot pay off his debts with exhibition goals.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39