Oct 3, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Today presents the last “full” day of preseason games and a couple of those contests started a little earlier than usual. Here are two quick recaps of the first matches.
Plus: Pekka Rinne earned a 22-save shutout. Joel Ward scored two goals while Cal O’Reilly put together one goal and one assist for the Nashville Predators. Michal Neuvirth made 13 out of 13 saves in about 30 minutes of game time.
Minus: The Mighty Capitals were blanked. Dany Sabourin allowed three goals on 15 shots in only 30 minutes. The Washington Capitals fell short of their first perfect preseason ever with that loss.
Plus: Evgeni Malkin scored one goal and added three assists while Mike Comrie scored twice and Zbynek Michalek had two assists for the Penguins. Chris Kunitz and Alex Goligoski also had one goal one one assist in this one. Pavel Datsyuk got in on both of the Red Wings goals, scoring one goal and producing an assist.
Minus: Craig Adams went 4-10 in the faceoff circle. Comrie cannot pay off his debts with exhibition goals.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 33
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 23
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 31
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)