Oct 3, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Today presents the last “full” day of preseason games and a couple of those contests started a little earlier than usual. Here are two quick recaps of the first matches.
Plus: Pekka Rinne earned a 22-save shutout. Joel Ward scored two goals while Cal O’Reilly put together one goal and one assist for the Nashville Predators. Michal Neuvirth made 13 out of 13 saves in about 30 minutes of game time.
Minus: The Mighty Capitals were blanked. Dany Sabourin allowed three goals on 15 shots in only 30 minutes. The Washington Capitals fell short of their first perfect preseason ever with that loss.
Plus: Evgeni Malkin scored one goal and added three assists while Mike Comrie scored twice and Zbynek Michalek had two assists for the Penguins. Chris Kunitz and Alex Goligoski also had one goal one one assist in this one. Pavel Datsyuk got in on both of the Red Wings goals, scoring one goal and producing an assist.
Minus: Craig Adams went 4-10 in the faceoff circle. Comrie cannot pay off his debts with exhibition goals.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18