Oct 3, 2010, 3:45 PM EDT
It turns out that Mike Cammalleri wasn’t the only guy getting wild with his stick last night.
The NHL could be busy taking a look at last night’s game between Ottawa and the New York Rangers thanks to the frisky stick work of Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard. Boogaard was given a five-minute major for spearing and a game misconduct for creatively finding out whether or not Ottawa enforcer Chris Neil was wearing his athletic supporter. Check out the video of of Boogaard’s work here on YouTube.
While Cammalleri’s use of his stick on Isles forward Nino Niederreiter is pretty foul, Boogaard taking a poke at Neil’s undercarriage is wince-inducing to any male watching the video. If this video took place in someone’s backyard, Boogaard might win first prize on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
(Photo: Chris McGrath – Getty Images)
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)