Oct 3, 2010, 3:45 PM EDT
It turns out that Mike Cammalleri wasn’t the only guy getting wild with his stick last night.
The NHL could be busy taking a look at last night’s game between Ottawa and the New York Rangers thanks to the frisky stick work of Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard. Boogaard was given a five-minute major for spearing and a game misconduct for creatively finding out whether or not Ottawa enforcer Chris Neil was wearing his athletic supporter. Check out the video of of Boogaard’s work here on YouTube.
While Cammalleri’s use of his stick on Isles forward Nino Niederreiter is pretty foul, Boogaard taking a poke at Neil’s undercarriage is wince-inducing to any male watching the video. If this video took place in someone’s backyard, Boogaard might win first prize on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
(Photo: Chris McGrath – Getty Images)
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (91)