Oct 3, 2010, 3:45 PM EDT
It turns out that Mike Cammalleri wasn’t the only guy getting wild with his stick last night.
The NHL could be busy taking a look at last night’s game between Ottawa and the New York Rangers thanks to the frisky stick work of Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard. Boogaard was given a five-minute major for spearing and a game misconduct for creatively finding out whether or not Ottawa enforcer Chris Neil was wearing his athletic supporter. Check out the video of of Boogaard’s work here on YouTube.
While Cammalleri’s use of his stick on Isles forward Nino Niederreiter is pretty foul, Boogaard taking a poke at Neil’s undercarriage is wince-inducing to any male watching the video. If this video took place in someone’s backyard, Boogaard might win first prize on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
(Photo: Chris McGrath – Getty Images)
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)