Oct 3, 2010, 3:45 PM EST
It turns out that Mike Cammalleri wasn’t the only guy getting wild with his stick last night.
The NHL could be busy taking a look at last night’s game between Ottawa and the New York Rangers thanks to the frisky stick work of Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard. Boogaard was given a five-minute major for spearing and a game misconduct for creatively finding out whether or not Ottawa enforcer Chris Neil was wearing his athletic supporter. Check out the video of of Boogaard’s work here on YouTube.
While Cammalleri’s use of his stick on Isles forward Nino Niederreiter is pretty foul, Boogaard taking a poke at Neil’s undercarriage is wince-inducing to any male watching the video. If this video took place in someone’s backyard, Boogaard might win first prize on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
(Photo: Chris McGrath – Getty Images)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)