Oct 3, 2010, 3:45 PM EDT
It turns out that Mike Cammalleri wasn’t the only guy getting wild with his stick last night.
The NHL could be busy taking a look at last night’s game between Ottawa and the New York Rangers thanks to the frisky stick work of Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard. Boogaard was given a five-minute major for spearing and a game misconduct for creatively finding out whether or not Ottawa enforcer Chris Neil was wearing his athletic supporter. Check out the video of of Boogaard’s work here on YouTube.
While Cammalleri’s use of his stick on Isles forward Nino Niederreiter is pretty foul, Boogaard taking a poke at Neil’s undercarriage is wince-inducing to any male watching the video. If this video took place in someone’s backyard, Boogaard might win first prize on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
(Photo: Chris McGrath – Getty Images)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)