Oct 2, 2010, 2:35 PM EDT
Perhaps it was just a matter of time for Shane O’Brien, as he got on the team’s (and his coach’s) bad side for some of his off-the-ice conduct.
The rugged-but-mistake-prone defenseman was placed on waivers by the Vancouver Canucks today, according to various sources including Bruce Garrioch.
Before putting Shane O’Brien on waivers today, Vancouver GM Mike Gillis tried _ and apparently failed _ to deal him.
I wouldn’t be thunderstruck if some team decided to claim O’Brien on waivers, though. It’s one thing to give up an asset for O’Brien, but at one year and $1.6 million he’s not an awful pick up for a team in need of some defensive help.
Then again, I hear those O’Briens are trouble. Just saying.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 17
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)