Oct 2, 2010, 2:35 PM EDT
Perhaps it was just a matter of time for Shane O’Brien, as he got on the team’s (and his coach’s) bad side for some of his off-the-ice conduct.
The rugged-but-mistake-prone defenseman was placed on waivers by the Vancouver Canucks today, according to various sources including Bruce Garrioch.
Before putting Shane O’Brien on waivers today, Vancouver GM Mike Gillis tried _ and apparently failed _ to deal him.
I wouldn’t be thunderstruck if some team decided to claim O’Brien on waivers, though. It’s one thing to give up an asset for O’Brien, but at one year and $1.6 million he’s not an awful pick up for a team in need of some defensive help.
Then again, I hear those O’Briens are trouble. Just saying.
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 3
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 45
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 81
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1