Oct 2, 2010, 2:35 PM EDT
Perhaps it was just a matter of time for Shane O’Brien, as he got on the team’s (and his coach’s) bad side for some of his off-the-ice conduct.
The rugged-but-mistake-prone defenseman was placed on waivers by the Vancouver Canucks today, according to various sources including Bruce Garrioch.
Before putting Shane O’Brien on waivers today, Vancouver GM Mike Gillis tried _ and apparently failed _ to deal him.
I wouldn’t be thunderstruck if some team decided to claim O’Brien on waivers, though. It’s one thing to give up an asset for O’Brien, but at one year and $1.6 million he’s not an awful pick up for a team in need of some defensive help.
Then again, I hear those O’Briens are trouble. Just saying.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 45
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)