Oct 2, 2010, 2:35 PM EDT
Perhaps it was just a matter of time for Shane O’Brien, as he got on the team’s (and his coach’s) bad side for some of his off-the-ice conduct.
The rugged-but-mistake-prone defenseman was placed on waivers by the Vancouver Canucks today, according to various sources including Bruce Garrioch.
Before putting Shane O’Brien on waivers today, Vancouver GM Mike Gillis tried _ and apparently failed _ to deal him.
I wouldn’t be thunderstruck if some team decided to claim O’Brien on waivers, though. It’s one thing to give up an asset for O’Brien, but at one year and $1.6 million he’s not an awful pick up for a team in need of some defensive help.
Then again, I hear those O’Briens are trouble. Just saying.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)