Oct 2, 2010, 2:35 PM EST
Perhaps it was just a matter of time for Shane O’Brien, as he got on the team’s (and his coach’s) bad side for some of his off-the-ice conduct.
The rugged-but-mistake-prone defenseman was placed on waivers by the Vancouver Canucks today, according to various sources including Bruce Garrioch.
Before putting Shane O’Brien on waivers today, Vancouver GM Mike Gillis tried _ and apparently failed _ to deal him.
I wouldn’t be thunderstruck if some team decided to claim O’Brien on waivers, though. It’s one thing to give up an asset for O’Brien, but at one year and $1.6 million he’s not an awful pick up for a team in need of some defensive help.
Then again, I hear those O’Briens are trouble. Just saying.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)