Oct 2, 2010, 2:45 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Bobby Ryan moves back to left wing – With Ryan Getzlaf and Saku Koivu at center, I think moving Ryan to center would have been a bit unnecessary.
Bryce Salvador out indefinitely with a concussion – Wow, so much for that being an “ear situation.”
Darcy Tucker officially retires – He wasn’t always the greatest person or player, but he made an impact on the games he appeared in.
NHL players would like Quebec City to be added to the mix – It must be that sweet Nordiques logo.
Should the Panthers keep Erik Gudbranson at the NHL level or send him to the minors? – My vote is for the minors.
Sheldon Souray clears waivers – So, what’s next, then?
Coyotes let Kyle Wellwood walk – It sounds like he should be able to find an employer in Europe, though.
Marc Savard makes “baby steps” in recovery process – Wouldn’t it be great if Savard made a full comeback this season?
Minnesota signs Jose Theodore – Not a bad move, but my goodness that is an expensive ($7.1 million) goalie duo.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)