Oct 2, 2010, 2:45 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Bobby Ryan moves back to left wing – With Ryan Getzlaf and Saku Koivu at center, I think moving Ryan to center would have been a bit unnecessary.
Bryce Salvador out indefinitely with a concussion – Wow, so much for that being an “ear situation.”
Darcy Tucker officially retires – He wasn’t always the greatest person or player, but he made an impact on the games he appeared in.
NHL players would like Quebec City to be added to the mix – It must be that sweet Nordiques logo.
Should the Panthers keep Erik Gudbranson at the NHL level or send him to the minors? – My vote is for the minors.
Sheldon Souray clears waivers – So, what’s next, then?
Coyotes let Kyle Wellwood walk – It sounds like he should be able to find an employer in Europe, though.
Marc Savard makes “baby steps” in recovery process – Wouldn’t it be great if Savard made a full comeback this season?
Minnesota signs Jose Theodore – Not a bad move, but my goodness that is an expensive ($7.1 million) goalie duo.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)