Oct 2, 2010, 2:45 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Bobby Ryan moves back to left wing – With Ryan Getzlaf and Saku Koivu at center, I think moving Ryan to center would have been a bit unnecessary.
Bryce Salvador out indefinitely with a concussion – Wow, so much for that being an “ear situation.”
Darcy Tucker officially retires – He wasn’t always the greatest person or player, but he made an impact on the games he appeared in.
NHL players would like Quebec City to be added to the mix – It must be that sweet Nordiques logo.
Should the Panthers keep Erik Gudbranson at the NHL level or send him to the minors? – My vote is for the minors.
Sheldon Souray clears waivers – So, what’s next, then?
Coyotes let Kyle Wellwood walk – It sounds like he should be able to find an employer in Europe, though.
Marc Savard makes “baby steps” in recovery process – Wouldn’t it be great if Savard made a full comeback this season?
Minnesota signs Jose Theodore – Not a bad move, but my goodness that is an expensive ($7.1 million) goalie duo.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 3
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2