Oct 2, 2010, 2:45 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Bobby Ryan moves back to left wing – With Ryan Getzlaf and Saku Koivu at center, I think moving Ryan to center would have been a bit unnecessary.
Bryce Salvador out indefinitely with a concussion – Wow, so much for that being an “ear situation.”
Darcy Tucker officially retires – He wasn’t always the greatest person or player, but he made an impact on the games he appeared in.
NHL players would like Quebec City to be added to the mix – It must be that sweet Nordiques logo.
Should the Panthers keep Erik Gudbranson at the NHL level or send him to the minors? – My vote is for the minors.
Sheldon Souray clears waivers – So, what’s next, then?
Coyotes let Kyle Wellwood walk – It sounds like he should be able to find an employer in Europe, though.
Marc Savard makes “baby steps” in recovery process – Wouldn’t it be great if Savard made a full comeback this season?
Minnesota signs Jose Theodore – Not a bad move, but my goodness that is an expensive ($7.1 million) goalie duo.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46