Oct 2, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks announced that their expensive defenseman Brian Campbell will be out 4-5 weeks, according to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun Times.
Quenneville said defenseman Brian Campbell will be out four to five weeks with a right knee sprain.
Asked if it could have been worse, Quenneville said “if you get the ACL in there and all of sudden it’s a different type of damage. It’s part of the business.”
Campbell crumpled to the ice less than four minutes into the second period of Friday’s exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He did not return and appeared to be favoring his right leg.
As you may remember, Campbell missed a good deal of time last season when Alex Ovechkin hit from behind during a moment that would cause the Washington Capitals star two games via a suspension. That was a different injury altogether, though, as Campbell broke his collar bone.
Campbell only played 68 games last year and apparently will miss a good deal of time this season, too.
(And he couldn’t even get injured early enough to be placed on the long-term injured reserve so the team could keep some of its supporting cast talent such as Dustin Byfuglien and/or Kris Versteeg. So rude.)
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)