Oct 2, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks announced that their expensive defenseman Brian Campbell will be out 4-5 weeks, according to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun Times.
Quenneville said defenseman Brian Campbell will be out four to five weeks with a right knee sprain.
Asked if it could have been worse, Quenneville said “if you get the ACL in there and all of sudden it’s a different type of damage. It’s part of the business.”
Campbell crumpled to the ice less than four minutes into the second period of Friday’s exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He did not return and appeared to be favoring his right leg.
As you may remember, Campbell missed a good deal of time last season when Alex Ovechkin hit from behind during a moment that would cause the Washington Capitals star two games via a suspension. That was a different injury altogether, though, as Campbell broke his collar bone.
Campbell only played 68 games last year and apparently will miss a good deal of time this season, too.
(And he couldn’t even get injured early enough to be placed on the long-term injured reserve so the team could keep some of its supporting cast talent such as Dustin Byfuglien and/or Kris Versteeg. So rude.)
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)