Oct 2, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks announced that their expensive defenseman Brian Campbell will be out 4-5 weeks, according to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun Times.
Quenneville said defenseman Brian Campbell will be out four to five weeks with a right knee sprain.
Asked if it could have been worse, Quenneville said “if you get the ACL in there and all of sudden it’s a different type of damage. It’s part of the business.”
Campbell crumpled to the ice less than four minutes into the second period of Friday’s exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He did not return and appeared to be favoring his right leg.
As you may remember, Campbell missed a good deal of time last season when Alex Ovechkin hit from behind during a moment that would cause the Washington Capitals star two games via a suspension. That was a different injury altogether, though, as Campbell broke his collar bone.
Campbell only played 68 games last year and apparently will miss a good deal of time this season, too.
(And he couldn’t even get injured early enough to be placed on the long-term injured reserve so the team could keep some of its supporting cast talent such as Dustin Byfuglien and/or Kris Versteeg. So rude.)
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)