Oct 2, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks announced that their expensive defenseman Brian Campbell will be out 4-5 weeks, according to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun Times.
Quenneville said defenseman Brian Campbell will be out four to five weeks with a right knee sprain.
Asked if it could have been worse, Quenneville said “if you get the ACL in there and all of sudden it’s a different type of damage. It’s part of the business.”
Campbell crumpled to the ice less than four minutes into the second period of Friday’s exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He did not return and appeared to be favoring his right leg.
As you may remember, Campbell missed a good deal of time last season when Alex Ovechkin hit from behind during a moment that would cause the Washington Capitals star two games via a suspension. That was a different injury altogether, though, as Campbell broke his collar bone.
Campbell only played 68 games last year and apparently will miss a good deal of time this season, too.
(And he couldn’t even get injured early enough to be placed on the long-term injured reserve so the team could keep some of its supporting cast talent such as Dustin Byfuglien and/or Kris Versteeg. So rude.)
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 0
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 19
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 12
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 26
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 8
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 42
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 42
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)