Oct 2, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks announced that their expensive defenseman Brian Campbell will be out 4-5 weeks, according to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun Times.
Quenneville said defenseman Brian Campbell will be out four to five weeks with a right knee sprain.
Asked if it could have been worse, Quenneville said “if you get the ACL in there and all of sudden it’s a different type of damage. It’s part of the business.”
Campbell crumpled to the ice less than four minutes into the second period of Friday’s exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He did not return and appeared to be favoring his right leg.
As you may remember, Campbell missed a good deal of time last season when Alex Ovechkin hit from behind during a moment that would cause the Washington Capitals star two games via a suspension. That was a different injury altogether, though, as Campbell broke his collar bone.
Campbell only played 68 games last year and apparently will miss a good deal of time this season, too.
(And he couldn’t even get injured early enough to be placed on the long-term injured reserve so the team could keep some of its supporting cast talent such as Dustin Byfuglien and/or Kris Versteeg. So rude.)
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)