Oct 1, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
Here’s the preseason schedule tonight. OMG it’s October! Hey, wait a minute, these games still don’t count. I want a refund!
Anyway, here’s tonight’s schedule and, yeah, one game is already over because the Hurricanes have to leave the country to go to Europe. All times listed are Eastern because we’re like that.
Carolina 2 – Atlanta 1 (F/OT)
Plus: Newly named alternate captain Brandon Sutter had both goals for the Hurricanes. Cam Ward played stellar stopping 30 shots in the win.
Minus: I guess losing a preseason game to a divisional foe is reason enough for a minus. Otherwise not a lot negative to write home about in this one.
Buffalo @ Philadelphia
Columbus @ Washington
Detroit @ Toronto
Ottawa @ NY Rangers
NY Islanders @ New Jersey
Tampa Bay @ Florida
Pittsburgh @ Chicago
Calgary @ Edmonton
Vancouver @ Anaheim
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)