Sep 30, 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brian Gionta named Montreal’s captain – Wearing the Habs ‘C’ is a real tall order (… get it? Because he’s short?).
Capitals loan Michael Nylander to Panthers’ farm club – Nylander is the hockey equivalent to an electric screwdriver.
Slava Kozlov goes to the KHL – One of the least surprising defections, though Kozlov conceivably could have helped a contender at a cheap price.
Roenick blasts the Thrashers for playing Dustin Byfuglien at defense – Hey, say what you want, but at least JR speaks his mind.
Eric Tangradi could be a wild card for Penguins – Comparing himself to Tomas Holmstrom might be a bit much, but Tangradi might be a difference maker in Pittsburgh.
Bryce Salvador undergoes testing for ‘ear situation’ – We’ll keep an eye on Salvador’s status as it’s still up in the air.
Tonight’s preseason game could decide Brendan Morrison’s fate in Vancouver – More on that in tonight’s recap.
Alex Kovalev and Francois Beauchemin get in a ‘fight’ – The clip is as hilarious as you would expect it to be.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)