Sep 30, 2010, 2:10 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brian Gionta named Montreal’s captain – Wearing the Habs ‘C’ is a real tall order (… get it? Because he’s short?).
Capitals loan Michael Nylander to Panthers’ farm club – Nylander is the hockey equivalent to an electric screwdriver.
Slava Kozlov goes to the KHL – One of the least surprising defections, though Kozlov conceivably could have helped a contender at a cheap price.
Roenick blasts the Thrashers for playing Dustin Byfuglien at defense – Hey, say what you want, but at least JR speaks his mind.
Eric Tangradi could be a wild card for Penguins – Comparing himself to Tomas Holmstrom might be a bit much, but Tangradi might be a difference maker in Pittsburgh.
Bryce Salvador undergoes testing for ‘ear situation’ – We’ll keep an eye on Salvador’s status as it’s still up in the air.
Tonight’s preseason game could decide Brendan Morrison’s fate in Vancouver – More on that in tonight’s recap.
Alex Kovalev and Francois Beauchemin get in a ‘fight’ – The clip is as hilarious as you would expect it to be.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 18
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)