Sep 30, 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brian Gionta named Montreal’s captain – Wearing the Habs ‘C’ is a real tall order (… get it? Because he’s short?).
Capitals loan Michael Nylander to Panthers’ farm club – Nylander is the hockey equivalent to an electric screwdriver.
Slava Kozlov goes to the KHL – One of the least surprising defections, though Kozlov conceivably could have helped a contender at a cheap price.
Roenick blasts the Thrashers for playing Dustin Byfuglien at defense – Hey, say what you want, but at least JR speaks his mind.
Eric Tangradi could be a wild card for Penguins – Comparing himself to Tomas Holmstrom might be a bit much, but Tangradi might be a difference maker in Pittsburgh.
Bryce Salvador undergoes testing for ‘ear situation’ – We’ll keep an eye on Salvador’s status as it’s still up in the air.
Tonight’s preseason game could decide Brendan Morrison’s fate in Vancouver – More on that in tonight’s recap.
Alex Kovalev and Francois Beauchemin get in a ‘fight’ – The clip is as hilarious as you would expect it to be.
- Report: Islanders, Leafs, Flyers, Wild, Panthers interested in Bernier 0
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 6
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103