Sep 30, 2010, 2:10 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Brian Gionta named Montreal’s captain – Wearing the Habs ‘C’ is a real tall order (… get it? Because he’s short?).
Capitals loan Michael Nylander to Panthers’ farm club – Nylander is the hockey equivalent to an electric screwdriver.
Slava Kozlov goes to the KHL – One of the least surprising defections, though Kozlov conceivably could have helped a contender at a cheap price.
Roenick blasts the Thrashers for playing Dustin Byfuglien at defense – Hey, say what you want, but at least JR speaks his mind.
Eric Tangradi could be a wild card for Penguins – Comparing himself to Tomas Holmstrom might be a bit much, but Tangradi might be a difference maker in Pittsburgh.
Bryce Salvador undergoes testing for ‘ear situation’ – We’ll keep an eye on Salvador’s status as it’s still up in the air.
Tonight’s preseason game could decide Brendan Morrison’s fate in Vancouver – More on that in tonight’s recap.
Alex Kovalev and Francois Beauchemin get in a ‘fight’ – The clip is as hilarious as you would expect it to be.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25