Sep 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s almost time to start the 2010-11 season, but the Chicago Blackhawks continued the celebration of this summer’s Cup victory by displaying their new championship rings last night. Team owner Rocky Wirtz shared two photos of the team’s opulent (I’m sure you want me to throw the word “bling” in there, you scamps) Cup rings.
First, here’s an “overhead” view of the ring:
(click to enlarge, photo via the Chicago Blackhawks)
Next, a “side” view of the ring:
(Click to enlarge, This certainly puts things into perspective when you hear about the Blackhawks having financial problems. Perhaps we’ve uncovered where all the money the team lost went to. $30,000 gets you a lot of bling.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 46
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1