Sep 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
It’s almost time to start the 2010-11 season, but the Chicago Blackhawks continued the celebration of this summer’s Cup victory by displaying their new championship rings last night. Team owner Rocky Wirtz shared two photos of the team’s opulent (I’m sure you want me to throw the word “bling” in there, you scamps) Cup rings.
First, here’s an “overhead” view of the ring:
(click to enlarge, photo via the Chicago Blackhawks)
Next, a “side” view of the ring:
(Click to enlarge, This certainly puts things into perspective when you hear about the Blackhawks having financial problems. Perhaps we’ve uncovered where all the money the team lost went to. $30,000 gets you a lot of bling.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5