Sep 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s almost time to start the 2010-11 season, but the Chicago Blackhawks continued the celebration of this summer’s Cup victory by displaying their new championship rings last night. Team owner Rocky Wirtz shared two photos of the team’s opulent (I’m sure you want me to throw the word “bling” in there, you scamps) Cup rings.
First, here’s an “overhead” view of the ring:
(click to enlarge, photo via the Chicago Blackhawks)
Next, a “side” view of the ring:
(Click to enlarge, This certainly puts things into perspective when you hear about the Blackhawks having financial problems. Perhaps we’ve uncovered where all the money the team lost went to. $30,000 gets you a lot of bling.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8