Sep 30, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
Here’s the quick recap of tonight’s preseason action. If you’re a Minnesota Wild fan, you may want to look away. Again.
Plus: Prospect Luke Adam had two goals for Buffalo in looking good for the Sabres there. He likely won’t make the team, but he’s at least giving them something to keep in mind when they eventually send him back. Thomas Vanek and Tim Connolly scored as well, something the Sabres hope carries into the regular season.
Minus: A pretty lethargic overall effort from Montreal. Yeah, it’s the preseason but don’t some guys have jobs to play for? Montreal’s defense hung Alex Auld out to dry in dealing with 37 shots on goal, stopping 32.
Plus: Another nice game from the Blues with Alex Steen getting a goal and an assist to keep his preseason scoring run hot. Jaroslav Halak had 30 saves in the win. Ben Smith had the only goal for Chicago.
Minus: Give it up for Hawks prospect Kyle Beach. Yes, he had a fight and that’s one of his jobs, but he ate a -4 on the game. Woof.
Plus: Solid, all-around team effort from the Blue Jackets getting scoring from four different players. Steve Mason did well stopping 24 shots. Minnesota’s power play did the work for themselves tonight, scoring twice on the man advantage.
Minus: Another loss for the Wild who have yet to win a game in the preseason. Coming off of a bad year, at least winning some meaningless games could give the fans a reason to have some hope. Defensive defenseman Greg Zanon was a -2. When it rains, it pours.
Plus: A comeback win for the Stars who trailed 1-0 with 12 minutes to play until Mike Ribeiro and Brendan Morrow scored to win. Morrow’s game-winner came with just a minute to play.
Minus: Holy cow look at the penalties. Ten penalties a piece for each team and only four of them were coincidental minors. That’s just a brutal way to go through a preseason game.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)