Sep 30, 2010, 7:54 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricane’s forward Sergei Samsonov’s season is already off to a rough start. After taking a scary spill head-first into the boards the other night, he’ll be starting his season on injured reserve.
Making the timing even more difficult for Samsonov is the fact the Hurricanes will be starting the season off in Russia with an exhibition game against SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL. The Hurricanes open their regular season with a pair of games in Helsinki, Finland against the Minnesota Wild.
Getting to play at home in Russia once again would’ve been a great thing for Samsonov to do, but thanks to his neck injury he won’t get to do that.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)