Sep 30, 2010, 7:54 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricane’s forward Sergei Samsonov’s season is already off to a rough start. After taking a scary spill head-first into the boards the other night, he’ll be starting his season on injured reserve.
Making the timing even more difficult for Samsonov is the fact the Hurricanes will be starting the season off in Russia with an exhibition game against SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL. The Hurricanes open their regular season with a pair of games in Helsinki, Finland against the Minnesota Wild.
Getting to play at home in Russia once again would’ve been a great thing for Samsonov to do, but thanks to his neck injury he won’t get to do that.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)