Sep 30, 2010, 7:54 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricane’s forward Sergei Samsonov’s season is already off to a rough start. After taking a scary spill head-first into the boards the other night, he’ll be starting his season on injured reserve.
Making the timing even more difficult for Samsonov is the fact the Hurricanes will be starting the season off in Russia with an exhibition game against SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL. The Hurricanes open their regular season with a pair of games in Helsinki, Finland against the Minnesota Wild.
Getting to play at home in Russia once again would’ve been a great thing for Samsonov to do, but thanks to his neck injury he won’t get to do that.
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 2
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 20
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (91)