Sep 30, 2010, 7:54 PM EST
Carolina Hurricane’s forward Sergei Samsonov’s season is already off to a rough start. After taking a scary spill head-first into the boards the other night, he’ll be starting his season on injured reserve.
Making the timing even more difficult for Samsonov is the fact the Hurricanes will be starting the season off in Russia with an exhibition game against SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL. The Hurricanes open their regular season with a pair of games in Helsinki, Finland against the Minnesota Wild.
Getting to play at home in Russia once again would’ve been a great thing for Samsonov to do, but thanks to his neck injury he won’t get to do that.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 3
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)