Sep 30, 2010, 7:54 PM EST
Carolina Hurricane’s forward Sergei Samsonov’s season is already off to a rough start. After taking a scary spill head-first into the boards the other night, he’ll be starting his season on injured reserve.
Making the timing even more difficult for Samsonov is the fact the Hurricanes will be starting the season off in Russia with an exhibition game against SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL. The Hurricanes open their regular season with a pair of games in Helsinki, Finland against the Minnesota Wild.
Getting to play at home in Russia once again would’ve been a great thing for Samsonov to do, but thanks to his neck injury he won’t get to do that.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)