Sep 30, 2010, 7:33 PM EDT
Who wants some nightmare fuel? Oh, everyone does? Excellent. The NHL is doing their part to get seen more in ads and what’s a better way to be seen than to give the people something that they’ll never be able to un-see. Welcome to the world of CCM Hockey starring Alexander Ovechkin’s maniacally laughing floating head.
Hang on for a second: AHHHHHHH!
All right, I feel better. I can’t emphasize clicking that link any faster to see the ad because based on Ovechkin’s laugh he’s got a future as a Bond villain nailed down already. As it is, you can’t blame the folks at CCM if they feel they’ve got a winner of an ad on their hands.
Thanks to our friends at Out of Bounds for the tip off on this.
Update: And now with more video, this time from the Caps website. It looks like they’re going for a series of these ads and I can’t freakin’ wait.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)