Sep 30, 2010, 7:33 PM EST
Who wants some nightmare fuel? Oh, everyone does? Excellent. The NHL is doing their part to get seen more in ads and what’s a better way to be seen than to give the people something that they’ll never be able to un-see. Welcome to the world of CCM Hockey starring Alexander Ovechkin’s maniacally laughing floating head.
Hang on for a second: AHHHHHHH!
All right, I feel better. I can’t emphasize clicking that link any faster to see the ad because based on Ovechkin’s laugh he’s got a future as a Bond villain nailed down already. As it is, you can’t blame the folks at CCM if they feel they’ve got a winner of an ad on their hands.
Thanks to our friends at Out of Bounds for the tip off on this.
Update: And now with more video, this time from the Caps website. It looks like they’re going for a series of these ads and I can’t freakin’ wait.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)