Sep 30, 2010, 7:33 PM EST
Who wants some nightmare fuel? Oh, everyone does? Excellent. The NHL is doing their part to get seen more in ads and what’s a better way to be seen than to give the people something that they’ll never be able to un-see. Welcome to the world of CCM Hockey starring Alexander Ovechkin’s maniacally laughing floating head.
Hang on for a second: AHHHHHHH!
All right, I feel better. I can’t emphasize clicking that link any faster to see the ad because based on Ovechkin’s laugh he’s got a future as a Bond villain nailed down already. As it is, you can’t blame the folks at CCM if they feel they’ve got a winner of an ad on their hands.
Thanks to our friends at Out of Bounds for the tip off on this.
Update: And now with more video, this time from the Caps website. It looks like they’re going for a series of these ads and I can’t freakin’ wait.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)