Sep 30, 2010, 7:33 PM EST
Who wants some nightmare fuel? Oh, everyone does? Excellent. The NHL is doing their part to get seen more in ads and what’s a better way to be seen than to give the people something that they’ll never be able to un-see. Welcome to the world of CCM Hockey starring Alexander Ovechkin’s maniacally laughing floating head.
Hang on for a second: AHHHHHHH!
All right, I feel better. I can’t emphasize clicking that link any faster to see the ad because based on Ovechkin’s laugh he’s got a future as a Bond villain nailed down already. As it is, you can’t blame the folks at CCM if they feel they’ve got a winner of an ad on their hands.
Thanks to our friends at Out of Bounds for the tip off on this.
Update: And now with more video, this time from the Caps website. It looks like they’re going for a series of these ads and I can’t freakin’ wait.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46