Sep 30, 2010, 7:33 PM EDT
Who wants some nightmare fuel? Oh, everyone does? Excellent. The NHL is doing their part to get seen more in ads and what’s a better way to be seen than to give the people something that they’ll never be able to un-see. Welcome to the world of CCM Hockey starring Alexander Ovechkin’s maniacally laughing floating head.
Hang on for a second: AHHHHHHH!
All right, I feel better. I can’t emphasize clicking that link any faster to see the ad because based on Ovechkin’s laugh he’s got a future as a Bond villain nailed down already. As it is, you can’t blame the folks at CCM if they feel they’ve got a winner of an ad on their hands.
Thanks to our friends at Out of Bounds for the tip off on this.
Update: And now with more video, this time from the Caps website. It looks like they’re going for a series of these ads and I can’t freakin’ wait.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 54
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)