Sep 29, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
If the Evgeni Malkin-Rick Nash fight taught us anything, it’s that any hockey player can get in a fight. Seriously.
Need proof? Alex freaking Kovalev got in a fight tonight, perhaps because he called his opponent “Frenchy.” Check out this clip of the mercurial Russian pushing aside an official so he can engage in a very light game of fisticuffs with Francois Beauchemin. (Source: NHL.com.)
Seems like Beauchemin won that “battle” pretty handily, but hey, at least Kovalev is showing a pulse. Maybe he’ll actually contribute something in Ottawa after a flat 09-10 campaign … he just might want to keep his gloves on, though.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 0
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1