Sep 29, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
If the Evgeni Malkin-Rick Nash fight taught us anything, it’s that any hockey player can get in a fight. Seriously.
Need proof? Alex freaking Kovalev got in a fight tonight, perhaps because he called his opponent “Frenchy.” Check out this clip of the mercurial Russian pushing aside an official so he can engage in a very light game of fisticuffs with Francois Beauchemin. (Source: NHL.com.)
Seems like Beauchemin won that “battle” pretty handily, but hey, at least Kovalev is showing a pulse. Maybe he’ll actually contribute something in Ottawa after a flat 09-10 campaign … he just might want to keep his gloves on, though.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 0
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 5
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47