Sep 29, 2010, 11:00 PM EST
If the Evgeni Malkin-Rick Nash fight taught us anything, it’s that any hockey player can get in a fight. Seriously.
Need proof? Alex freaking Kovalev got in a fight tonight, perhaps because he called his opponent “Frenchy.” Check out this clip of the mercurial Russian pushing aside an official so he can engage in a very light game of fisticuffs with Francois Beauchemin. (Source: NHL.com.)
Seems like Beauchemin won that “battle” pretty handily, but hey, at least Kovalev is showing a pulse. Maybe he’ll actually contribute something in Ottawa after a flat 09-10 campaign … he just might want to keep his gloves on, though.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8