Sep 27, 2010, 1:39 AM EDT
While the Islanders are busy dealing with how to handle Mark Streit’s shoulder injury that will keep him out for up to six months, they’ve added a few players to their training camp roster on professional tryouts. NHL veterans Manny Legace, Dean McAmmond, Anders Eriksson, as well as minor leaguers Krys Kolanos and Joel Martin.
Manny Legace we last saw in Carolina backing up Cam Ward. The former Red Wings and Blues goalie isn’t a guy you can count on to be a starter anymore, but being a serviceable backup he’d work well as. With the always porcelain Rick DiPietro as the starter and 40 year-old Dwayne Roloson backing him up, every little bit of motivation to stay sharp helps.
Dean McAmmond gives the Isles another veteran guy to work out and aim for a chance at the fourth line. McAmmond has had one go-round with the Isles before briefly in 2008-2009. He spent last season with the Devils.
Meanwhile, Anders Eriksson getting a chance to win a job with the Isles got a lot more interesting considering Streit’s injury. Eriksson could find a way to steal a depth job with the team. Kolanos and Martin are in camp to try and win jobs in the AHL for Bridgeport more than likely. Kolanos has seen a cup of coffee in the NHL, meanwhile Martin has spent his career in the Central Hockey League.
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 0
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 12
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 26
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)