Sep 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EST
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Alex Kovalev hopes to earn one more contract – Few would question the Russian winger’s skills, but he seems to be the poster child for “mercurial” forwards.
Rangers place Wade Redden on waivers – Perhaps the least surprising development of the week.
Marc Savard discusses dealing with post-concussion syndrome – Let’s hope that Savard can resume his career without risking his future some day soon.
Josh Harding could miss entire regular season after injuring his knee – And this was supposed to be a big season for Harding’s career. Ouch.
Cristobal Huet and Michael Nylander also waived today – OK, those are two not-so-surprising developments, too.
Michael Leighton hurts his back – It looks like Philadelphia goalies aren’t even waiting until the regular season or playoffs to get injured anymore. Does anyone have Ray Emery’s phone number?
Mark Streit injures his shoulder – The NY Islanders aren’t exactly well-stocked with players on Streit’s level, so this one could really hurt their already shaky playoff chances.
Analyzing the Rangers’ defense with Wade Redden out of the picture – It looks … well, cheaper, for one thing.
Omsk signs free agent forward Marek Svatos – He could have been a solid addition for some teams, but he won’t be missed too dearly either.
Cody Hodgson ‘dreams’ of preseason game – I guess one man’s irrelevant game is another man’s turning point …
Tonight’s preseason game recaps – A lot happened considering all these games are pretty much irrelevant. Carey Price allowed six goals, Evgeni Malkin and Rick Nash got in a fight and Tyler Seguin scored. Not bad, preseason games.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 0
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)