Sep 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Alex Kovalev hopes to earn one more contract – Few would question the Russian winger’s skills, but he seems to be the poster child for “mercurial” forwards.
Rangers place Wade Redden on waivers – Perhaps the least surprising development of the week.
Marc Savard discusses dealing with post-concussion syndrome – Let’s hope that Savard can resume his career without risking his future some day soon.
Josh Harding could miss entire regular season after injuring his knee – And this was supposed to be a big season for Harding’s career. Ouch.
Cristobal Huet and Michael Nylander also waived today – OK, those are two not-so-surprising developments, too.
Michael Leighton hurts his back – It looks like Philadelphia goalies aren’t even waiting until the regular season or playoffs to get injured anymore. Does anyone have Ray Emery’s phone number?
Mark Streit injures his shoulder – The NY Islanders aren’t exactly well-stocked with players on Streit’s level, so this one could really hurt their already shaky playoff chances.
Analyzing the Rangers’ defense with Wade Redden out of the picture – It looks … well, cheaper, for one thing.
Omsk signs free agent forward Marek Svatos – He could have been a solid addition for some teams, but he won’t be missed too dearly either.
Cody Hodgson ‘dreams’ of preseason game – I guess one man’s irrelevant game is another man’s turning point …
Tonight’s preseason game recaps – A lot happened considering all these games are pretty much irrelevant. Carey Price allowed six goals, Evgeni Malkin and Rick Nash got in a fight and Tyler Seguin scored. Not bad, preseason games.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 0
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 7
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 39
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)