Sep 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Alex Kovalev hopes to earn one more contract – Few would question the Russian winger’s skills, but he seems to be the poster child for “mercurial” forwards.
Rangers place Wade Redden on waivers – Perhaps the least surprising development of the week.
Marc Savard discusses dealing with post-concussion syndrome – Let’s hope that Savard can resume his career without risking his future some day soon.
Josh Harding could miss entire regular season after injuring his knee – And this was supposed to be a big season for Harding’s career. Ouch.
Cristobal Huet and Michael Nylander also waived today – OK, those are two not-so-surprising developments, too.
Michael Leighton hurts his back – It looks like Philadelphia goalies aren’t even waiting until the regular season or playoffs to get injured anymore. Does anyone have Ray Emery’s phone number?
Mark Streit injures his shoulder – The NY Islanders aren’t exactly well-stocked with players on Streit’s level, so this one could really hurt their already shaky playoff chances.
Analyzing the Rangers’ defense with Wade Redden out of the picture – It looks … well, cheaper, for one thing.
Omsk signs free agent forward Marek Svatos – He could have been a solid addition for some teams, but he won’t be missed too dearly either.
Cody Hodgson ‘dreams’ of preseason game – I guess one man’s irrelevant game is another man’s turning point …
Tonight’s preseason game recaps – A lot happened considering all these games are pretty much irrelevant. Carey Price allowed six goals, Evgeni Malkin and Rick Nash got in a fight and Tyler Seguin scored. Not bad, preseason games.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)