Sep 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Alex Kovalev hopes to earn one more contract – Few would question the Russian winger’s skills, but he seems to be the poster child for “mercurial” forwards.
Rangers place Wade Redden on waivers – Perhaps the least surprising development of the week.
Marc Savard discusses dealing with post-concussion syndrome – Let’s hope that Savard can resume his career without risking his future some day soon.
Josh Harding could miss entire regular season after injuring his knee – And this was supposed to be a big season for Harding’s career. Ouch.
Cristobal Huet and Michael Nylander also waived today – OK, those are two not-so-surprising developments, too.
Michael Leighton hurts his back – It looks like Philadelphia goalies aren’t even waiting until the regular season or playoffs to get injured anymore. Does anyone have Ray Emery’s phone number?
Mark Streit injures his shoulder – The NY Islanders aren’t exactly well-stocked with players on Streit’s level, so this one could really hurt their already shaky playoff chances.
Analyzing the Rangers’ defense with Wade Redden out of the picture – It looks … well, cheaper, for one thing.
Omsk signs free agent forward Marek Svatos – He could have been a solid addition for some teams, but he won’t be missed too dearly either.
Cody Hodgson ‘dreams’ of preseason game – I guess one man’s irrelevant game is another man’s turning point …
Tonight’s preseason game recaps – A lot happened considering all these games are pretty much irrelevant. Carey Price allowed six goals, Evgeni Malkin and Rick Nash got in a fight and Tyler Seguin scored. Not bad, preseason games.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)