Sep 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
Even in the depressingly hockey-free summer, we expect to be a productive bunch here at Pro Hockey Talk. Sometimes it might be difficult to follow our pace. We understand that. For that reason, whenever we can, we’ll put all of the day’s stories in one convenient post called the PHT Nightcap. Enjoy, hockey fans.
Alex Kovalev hopes to earn one more contract – Few would question the Russian winger’s skills, but he seems to be the poster child for “mercurial” forwards.
Rangers place Wade Redden on waivers – Perhaps the least surprising development of the week.
Marc Savard discusses dealing with post-concussion syndrome – Let’s hope that Savard can resume his career without risking his future some day soon.
Josh Harding could miss entire regular season after injuring his knee – And this was supposed to be a big season for Harding’s career. Ouch.
Cristobal Huet and Michael Nylander also waived today – OK, those are two not-so-surprising developments, too.
Michael Leighton hurts his back – It looks like Philadelphia goalies aren’t even waiting until the regular season or playoffs to get injured anymore. Does anyone have Ray Emery’s phone number?
Mark Streit injures his shoulder – The NY Islanders aren’t exactly well-stocked with players on Streit’s level, so this one could really hurt their already shaky playoff chances.
Analyzing the Rangers’ defense with Wade Redden out of the picture – It looks … well, cheaper, for one thing.
Omsk signs free agent forward Marek Svatos – He could have been a solid addition for some teams, but he won’t be missed too dearly either.
Cody Hodgson ‘dreams’ of preseason game – I guess one man’s irrelevant game is another man’s turning point …
Tonight’s preseason game recaps – A lot happened considering all these games are pretty much irrelevant. Carey Price allowed six goals, Evgeni Malkin and Rick Nash got in a fight and Tyler Seguin scored. Not bad, preseason games.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 33
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 6
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)