Sep 25, 2010, 12:00 AM EST
If you’re a Minnesota Wild fan, tonight’s game with the Blues had added nausea for you. Not only did the Wild lose their pre-season bout 5-0 but backup goalie Josh Harding left the game after a collision with Blues forward Brad Boyes.
Harding was playing in his first game since having surgery to repair a torn hip labrum during the off-season. Boyes was checked into Harding by Wild defenseman Greg Zanon and fell backwards. Harding gestured towards his hip before being helped off the ice. It’s being reported that Harding’s injury is to his knee.
While Harding isn’t the starter in Minnesota, he’s one of the more capable backups in the NHL and providing Wild start Nicklas Backstrom with relief is important for the Wild to make sure he doesn’t end up exhausted. Prospect Anton Khudobin would likely step up to be the team’s next backup goalie should Harding be out for an extended amount of time.
(Photo: Dilip Vashwanat – Getty Images)
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)