Sep 25, 2010, 12:00 AM EST
If you’re a Minnesota Wild fan, tonight’s game with the Blues had added nausea for you. Not only did the Wild lose their pre-season bout 5-0 but backup goalie Josh Harding left the game after a collision with Blues forward Brad Boyes.
Harding was playing in his first game since having surgery to repair a torn hip labrum during the off-season. Boyes was checked into Harding by Wild defenseman Greg Zanon and fell backwards. Harding gestured towards his hip before being helped off the ice. It’s being reported that Harding’s injury is to his knee.
While Harding isn’t the starter in Minnesota, he’s one of the more capable backups in the NHL and providing Wild start Nicklas Backstrom with relief is important for the Wild to make sure he doesn’t end up exhausted. Prospect Anton Khudobin would likely step up to be the team’s next backup goalie should Harding be out for an extended amount of time.
(Photo: Dilip Vashwanat – Getty Images)
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 18
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 43
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)