Sep 25, 2010, 12:00 AM EST
If you’re a Minnesota Wild fan, tonight’s game with the Blues had added nausea for you. Not only did the Wild lose their pre-season bout 5-0 but backup goalie Josh Harding left the game after a collision with Blues forward Brad Boyes.
Harding was playing in his first game since having surgery to repair a torn hip labrum during the off-season. Boyes was checked into Harding by Wild defenseman Greg Zanon and fell backwards. Harding gestured towards his hip before being helped off the ice. It’s being reported that Harding’s injury is to his knee.
While Harding isn’t the starter in Minnesota, he’s one of the more capable backups in the NHL and providing Wild start Nicklas Backstrom with relief is important for the Wild to make sure he doesn’t end up exhausted. Prospect Anton Khudobin would likely step up to be the team’s next backup goalie should Harding be out for an extended amount of time.
(Photo: Dilip Vashwanat – Getty Images)
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)