Sep 25, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Tonight’s hot preseason action features 14 games and 26 teams in action. Fuzzy math, right? No, the Coyotes and Sharks have a split-squad affair going on in San Jose and Phoenix later tonight. As for the other games, here’s your taste of tryout greatness. All times are Eastern because we’ve got an insufferable eastern bias.
Carolina @ Atlanta: Eric and Jared Staal on the same ice together tonight. Dustin Byfuglien makes his Atlanta debut.
Columbus @ Pittsburgh: Crosby and Malkin to suit up for the Pens.
Florida @ Boston: Wonder if these two teams are sick of each other yet?
Montreal @ Ottawa: Carey Price rides again for the Habs. At least the booing in Ottawa will be natural.
NY Rangers @ New Jersey: Henrik Lundqvist is slated to play the full game. Johan Hedberg for the Devils.
Toronto @ Buffalo: Toronto does not rest. Ever.
Detroit @ Chicago: These two rivals dance once again after Detroit won last night 3-2.
Philadelphia @ Minnesota: Two teams with injured goalies. Awesome, right?
St. Louis @ Dallas: Brent “Wrath of” Krahn plays the full 60 tonight for Dallas.
Washington @ Nashville: Nashville’s Anders Lindback to get another look tonight in goal.
Tampa Bay @ Calgary: Tampa Bay breaks out almost all their stars against a lightly-veteran Calgary team.
Anaheim @ Vancouver: Perhaps Anaheim won’t be as punchy as they were last night. Canucks fans are eager for tomorrow’s game with Cody Hodgson set to play.
San Jose @ Phoenix: Split
Phoenix @ San Jose: Squad
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)